Skywatcher EQ8 Pier Adapter CNC
- 6x cap-head stainless steel bolts are included to fit the threaded holes in your Starbase field tripod.
Optional fixings (order in dropdown menu):
- For our Altair Astro / SkyShed Observatory Pier, order 6x optional additional Stainless Steel M8 nuts in the dropdown menu which will allow you to use the included bolts to attach to the pier (this is because unlike the Starbase field tripod, the SkyShed Observatory Pier isn't pre-threaded so you can use the buts under the pier-top to fasten the pier adapter).
- To attach the EQ8 mount head to the pier adapter, you can order 3x M8 bolts, 4x M8 Nuts, (2x nuts/bolts go each side of the mounts, and 1x bolt/2x nuts acting as the azimuth stop-post) plus 1x M12 centre-bolt which is fastened from the underside of the pier top-plate.
- If you do not have an Azimuth Stop Post with your EQ8 mount, you can order the Stainless Steel EQ8 AZ stop post which we make specifcally product code: AZPOST-EQ8 (order in dropdown menu or separately)
- Confused? Just email or call to determine what you need.
Hole and fixing dimensions:
- The pier adapter attaches with 6x M8 holes, equally spaced, with a 130mm PCD.
- The 6x 130mm PCD holes fit the Starbase and Altair SkyShed piers, and are countersunk to match the included 6x Stainless M8 cap-head set screws, so they do not protrude above the adapter surface.
- The pier adapter has 2x M8 threaded holes 160mm Centre to Centre for the Skywatcher EQ8 side-fixings.
- 1x M10 threaded hole for an Azimuth stop-bolt of your choice (54mm radius Centre to Centre).
- 1x M12 hole in the centre, through which you can attach an optional M12 bolt to protrude into your EQ8 mount form below. (For convenience, order it in the dropdown menu).
- Harrison Telescopes
- Telescope House
- Tring Astronomy Centre
- Rother Valley Optics
- F1 Telescopes
- Io Astronomy Please note: IO Astronomy voluntarily ceased trading with large unpaid debts affecting the entire UK astronomy industry. You may contact us for problems / issues with Altair or iOptron products ONLY - or try Darkframe Optics / Dave Woods. Unfortunately, we will not be able to support undeclared products bought from the ex-directors after the company ceased trading.
- Astro AS Denmark, Europe
- Robtics Netherlands
- Pierro Astro France
- SkyVision France
- Teleskop Service Ransburg Germany
North America & Canada orders:
- Land Sea & Sky (Takahashi America) USA
- Cloudbreak Optics USA
- Ontario Telescopes Canada/North America
Products can be ordered online from Altair with tracked insured shipping to anywhere in the world. For large items shipping price may need to be re-quoted.
Russia orders: Please contact.