Altair guide scope to RACI finder conversion kit
The included illuminator has a variable setting, which illuminates the cross hairs in the eyepiece. The included eyepiece has a dark field illuminated cross-hair, so you can easily see it glowing faintly against the background sky, an upgrade for standard finders with dark cross-hairs.
The high quality 1.25" FMC illuminated eyepiece has good eye relief for glasses-wearers, a folding rubber eye-cup, and a wide field of view.
It has a side-port to screw in the included variable brightness reticule illuminator, and the finder can be very easily focused, using the included helical focuser integrated with the prism diagonal.
By rotating the eyepiece top, you can ensure maximum sharpness of the illuminated reticule against the sky background.
The kit consists of:
23mm wide field eyepiece with large rear exit lens, laser etched illuminated reticule, built in reticule focuser.
CNC machined variable brightness LED illuminator, which plugs into the eyepiece. (requires 2x LR44 or GPA76 batteries (not included).
1.25" Erect image prism, FMC Multi Coated, with built-in helical focuser.
Rear Rotating assembly with 3 grub screws, and a locking thumbscrew.
Instructions: (view YouTube video here)
1) Unscrew the red anodised ring at the rear of your existing finder scope. If tight, apply a drop of WD40 to the gap and let it soak in.
2) One you're removed the existing rear assembly, simple screw in the rear RACI* assembly.
3) Tighten the 3 black grub screws around the periphery of the red anodised ring on the part you just attached, just enough to allow easy rotation of the rear assembly without wobble. Then tighten the side thumbscrew.
4) Insert the eyepiece, and screw the variable brightness illuminator on.
Now you have a guide scope and finder scope in one!
*RACI means "Right Angled Correct Image" - because the image in the eyepiece is correctly orientated thanks to the prism, unlike with straight-through finder scopes.
- Harrison Telescopes
- Telescope House
- Tring Astronomy Centre
- Rother Valley Optics
- F1 Telescopes
- Io Astronomy Please note: IO Astronomy voluntarily ceased trading with large unpaid debts affecting the entire UK astronomy industry. You may contact us for problems / issues with Altair or iOptron products ONLY - or try Darkframe Optics / Dave Woods. Unfortunately, we will not be able to support undeclared products bought from the ex-directors after the company ceased trading.
- Astro AS Denmark, Europe
- Robtics Netherlands
- Pierro Astro France
- SkyVision France
- Teleskop Service Ransburg Germany
North America & Canada orders:
- Land Sea & Sky (Takahashi America) USA
- Cloudbreak Optics USA
- Ontario Telescopes Canada/North America
Products can be ordered online from Altair with tracked insured shipping to anywhere in the world. For large items shipping price may need to be re-quoted.
Russia orders: Please contact.