Altair TMS Losmandy Dovetail Plate 180mm 250mm 300mm 350mm Silver
The safer way to mount and balance your telescope, is with the Altair TMS system. CNC Machined Dovetail bar made in the UK from aluminium billet.
Chamfered, radiused edges and standard hole pattern with long slots and 3x countersunk holes per row with 30mm centre to centre separation accepting either Metric M6 cap head or 1/4"-20 Imperial screws. Allows mounting of Altair TMS Light Weight Guide Scope Rings directly, and TMS Dovetail Clamps in side-by-side mode. Fits most modern refractors such as Altair Astro, Altair Lightwave, William Optics, TS, etc.
- Universal type attachment holes and slots fits almost any telescope
- Losmandy & Vixen 180mm & 250mm plate and bars fit the Altair TMS 180mm & 250mm Telescope Carry Handles
- Fits mounts with Losmandy-style 3" Saddle plate clamp
- Fits Altair TMS Lightweight Guide Scope Rings & Dovetail Clamps (side-by-side configuration)
- CNC machined and precision engineered in the UK from an aluminium billet (not cast)
Telescope compatibility: The Short Losmandy Style plate fits the Altair Astro refractor range, Teleskop Service, Astrotech, William Optics, Astro Physics, most Takahashi (aftermarket rings), and Skywatcher tube rings with the standard 30mm hole spacing, and M6 (1/4") holes. This is by far the majority of telescopes on the market. For telescopes with non-standard hole patterns, or say, cameras and camera lenses, they almost always have a single centre mounting screw anyway, so you can use the centre slots, sliding the telescope back and forth for the best balance.
Using the LDP in side-by-side mode: You can attach a Losmandy Saddle Plate Clamp to each end of the Altair LDP plates, even the Vixen Saddle Plate Clamp, enabling you to mount two telescopes side by side, for example, if you want to place a guide scope next to your main imaging telescope, or a camera lens.
Mounting Guide Scope Rings: Unlike other plates on the market, the Altair TMS plates are able to accept Altair TMS guide scope rings directly. You can choose from several holes along the length of the plate to achieve the best separation for telescopes of varying length.
- Harrison Telescopes
- Telescope House
- Tring Astronomy Centre
- Rother Valley Optics
- F1 Telescopes
- Io Astronomy Please note: IO Astronomy voluntarily ceased trading with large unpaid debts affecting the entire UK astronomy industry. You may contact us for problems / issues with Altair or iOptron products ONLY - or try Darkframe Optics / Dave Woods. Unfortunately, we will not be able to support undeclared products bought from the ex-directors after the company ceased trading.
- Astro AS Denmark, Europe
- Robtics Netherlands
- Pierro Astro France
- SkyVision France
- Teleskop Service Ransburg Germany
North America & Canada orders:
- Land Sea & Sky (Takahashi America) USA
- Cloudbreak Optics USA
- Ontario Telescopes Canada/North America
Products can be ordered online from Altair with tracked insured shipping to anywhere in the world. For large items shipping price may need to be re-quoted.
Russia orders: Please contact.