Pegasus FocusCube Universal & SCT
Focus your telescope quickly, accurately and reliably with the Pegasus FocusCube - without the need for a separate controller!
The advent of high resolution small-pixel CMOS cameras like the Hypercam enable higher resolution with smaller telescopes than ever before. Imaging with small pixel CMOS cameras requires a system which will assist the focusing of the telescope with precision. Fast optics and modern camera devices require automatic focusing over a shorter period of time as temperature changes affect the focus-point. Pegasus FocusCube has been developed to meet these requirements.
High quality modern electronics enable precise digital focusing control from a PC with a USB port.
FocusCube includes a stepper motor for absolute position focusing. The electronics and stepper motor are enclosed in ONE compact box. There is no need for a separate controller!
Don't be fooled by its size! This device can easily lift more than 4kg of imaging equipment when the telescope points at the zenith!
This stepper motor is a high resolution geared stepper motor (Step Angle 7.5, Deg 120 with 1:120 Gear Ratio). The gearbox has very low backlash and high torque suitable for micron precision focusing.
You only need one device to focus! Simply attach the FocusCube to your refractor / reflector or SCT (Schmidt Cassegrain) telescope, plug in the power and a USB cable, download ASCOM drivers or standalone software and you are ready to go!
- Two bracket versions: You can select Universal bracket which fits most focusers in the market including Altair refractors or the “Celestron Small SCT Bracket" which is covers Celestron 6,8,9.25'' SCT scopes, and “Celestron 11" SCT Bracket" which only fits the C11.
- Temperature Probe: An external digital temperature sensor input is located near the motor connector. A digital probe of one meter length is supplied. The probe can be placed near the focuser so the exact temperature of the environment can be seen through the supplied software or ASCOM driver (probe always included in package)
- Expansion Port / Manual Focus (optional accessory): FocusCube includes an expansion RJ45 port on the left side.
- ASCOM support: The controller is fully compatible with ASCOM 6.
- INDI (Open Astronomy Instrumentation) compliant: Pegasus driver is included with libindi >= 1.5.1, official Indi Driver : http://indilib.org/devices/focusers/pegasus-dmfc.html
- Standalone program supported: The controller can be operated by the standalone software. (Only available for Windows)
- USB cable included: A 1.8m USB Type B cable is included in the standard package.
- Firmware upgrade support: Controller firmware supports re-programming via the USB 2.0 connection using upgrade software, for future upgrades which may become available.
Overall size LxWxH (cm) 5,5 x 5,5 x 4,5
Incl. VAT 20.00 % ( £3.75 )
Incl. VAT 20.00 % ( £28.17 )
Incl. VAT 20.00 % ( £83.17 )
Incl. VAT 20.00 % ( £10.83 )
There have been no reviews for this product.