Starwave 110ED-R Refractor Telescope with 2.5" Positive Lock R&P Focuser
Starwave ED110 Features:
- 110mm F7 Optics from Ohara Japan (770mm focal length, FPL-51 ED element)
- Highest practical magnification 220x, light grasp 247x human eye
- 89% more light grasp than an 80mm refractor and 16% more than a 102mm refractor.
- 65cm length, approx. weight 6.8kg
- New improved dual speed 1:10 ratio 2.5" CNC Rack and Pinion focuser with 2" Positive Lock adapter.
- New improved CNC tube with improved sliding dewshield, and lighter CNC tube rings.
- 2" to 1.25" eyepiece adapter.
- Tube rings with standard M6 30mm hole pattern (holes correspond top and bottom, enabling other telescopes to be mounted piggyback).
- Standard Vixen-format dovetail bar.
- FREE Protective hard case with foam padding.
Optional Extras - choose when ordering:
180mm Altair TMS CNC Machined Carry Handle at reduced combo price - choose when ordering:
Optional Star test in green light - digital image file - please allow for 2-3 days, choose optiona when ordering:
Availability: Please click the "Notify when in stock" button to get an email update when ready.
Author: Frederik Meyer
My first good quality telescope and I've been viewing Jupiter the last few days (when weather allows me), very quick delivery and very well built. Decided to go for the 110mm instead of the 102mm for a bit more light gathering and magnification. It works OK on my EQ5 mount but I need a larger mount for imaging like the HEQ5 or larger. I have also bought the plano flattener and adapter for Nikon D700. Very solid quality and better optics compared to my 150mm Newton dob and I can track the view with the motor drives. Fred
Author: Jim Slater
Got the Starwave 110 and it's a good all-round choice for planets and general observing. I preferred to get the larger AA TMS 250 black Losmandy type dovetail plate to replace the Vixen one it ships with so I can attach it to my CGEM. The focuser was slightly stiff in rotation so I called A-A and they told me to put a drop of 3-in-1 oil into each of the holes where the grub screws go then replace and tighten them up slightly and evenly, now rotation is very nice and smoother than when it arrived. Good quality for the money in my view. Jim
- Harrison Telescopes
- Tring Astronomy Centre
- Rother Valley Optics
- F1 Telescopes
- Io Astronomy Please note: IO Astronomy voluntarily ceased trading with large unpaid debts affecting the entire UK astronomy industry. You may contact us for problems / issues with Altair or iOptron products ONLY - or try Darkframe Optics / Dave Woods. Unfortunately, we will not be able to support undeclared products bought from the ex-directors after the company ceased trading.
North America & Canada orders:
- Land Sea & Sky (Takahashi America) USA
- Cloudbreak Optics USA
- Ontario Telescopes Canada/North America
Products can be ordered online from Altair with tracked insured shipping to anywhere in the world. For large items shipping price may need to be re-quoted.
Russia orders: Please contact.