Starwave Red Dot Finder Kit RDF with Universal Bracket Stalk (all metal).
This Red Dot Finder (RDF) comes with a stalk and quick release bracket to fit the Altair / Starwave TM and Skywatcher refracting telescopes, and in fact most other telescopes by means of the universal base.
It can be attached to the Starwave TM focuser by means of two included M4 screws . Everything you need is included to attach the finder scope bracket to the focuser.
The RDF unit is high quality made from metal, uses a CR2032 battery, and has variable illumination with a choice of 3 reticules (single dot, cross-hair and circle) selected from the back of the unit. The finder stalk has a dovetail profile on the base which fits most other telescopes.
The sturdy metal finder stalk has a standard "weaver rail" and the "UNIFBR" Universal Finder Scope Base has an M4-M5 cross-slotted hole pattern allowing attachment to most focusers and optical tubes. Even if it doesn't quite fit, it's easy enough to make DIY alterations the UNIFBR or the telescope to attach it. The UNIFBR can also be bought separately allowing you to use a single RDF and stalk with several telescopes.
RDF kit includes:
- 1x Red Dot Finder.
- 1x Raised finder stalk to clear the tube rings and dewshield.
- 1x Universal Finder Scope Bracket (Code: UNIFBR) which is left on the telescope as a quick release base for the finder stalk, maintaining optical alignment.
- Telescope shown in pictures is not included. The image is for illustration purposes to show attachment to the focuser.
Author: John Coffin
This is RDF is a great mprovement on my Rigel QuikFinder which attached to my telescope by a plastic stick-on base and needed realigning every time I used it. This item is reassuringly solid and it's very easy to align it using two clearly marked screws. I had to enlarge the holes in the universal base to attach it to my Celestron 8 Edge HD, but it was well worth the trouble.
- Harrison Telescopes
- Tring Astronomy Centre
- Rother Valley Optics
- F1 Telescopes
- Io Astronomy Please note: IO Astronomy voluntarily ceased trading with large unpaid debts affecting the entire UK astronomy industry. You may contact us for problems / issues with Altair or iOptron products ONLY - or try Darkframe Optics / Dave Woods. Unfortunately, we will not be able to support undeclared products bought from the ex-directors after the company ceased trading.
North America & Canada orders:
- Land Sea & Sky (Takahashi America) USA
- Cloudbreak Optics USA
- Ontario Telescopes Canada/North America
Products can be ordered online from Altair with tracked insured shipping to anywhere in the world. For large items shipping price may need to be re-quoted.
Russia orders: Please contact.