StellarMate Remote Camera control unit for Altair Hypercam ZWO QHY
StellarMate is the Next Generation Internet-of-Things Astrophotography gadget!
The principle behind StellarMate is simple:
- Connect your equipment (Mount, DSLR/CCD, Focuser, Filter Wheel..etc) to StellarMate via USB/Bluetooth or Network.
- Connect to StellarMate from either your Mobile, Tablet, or Laptop/Desktop Computer.
- Start controlling your observatory or imaging mount from any major platform - from indoors!
A complete free astrophtography tool is shipped with StellarMate: Ekos. You can either use the built-in Ekos Astrophtogoraphy Tool, or download it on your Windows, MacOS, or Linux computers to remotely control StellarMate from any where!
You can control cameras such as Altair, QHY, ZWO and Canon DSLRs through Ekos software.
From controlling a lone mount in the field, to orchestration of state of the art observatory, StellarMate is the solution you have been waiting for.
StellarMate is based on Raspberry PI 3B+, a proven platform for embedded computers for many years.
- SoC: Broadcom BCM2837B0
- CPU: 1.4 GHZ quad-core ARM Cortex A53 (ARMv8 Instruction Set)
- GPU: Broadcom VideoCore IV @ 400 MHz
- Memory: 1 GB LPDDR2-900 SDRAM
- Real Time Clock (DS3231) with battery.
- Storage: 16GB MicroSD card class 10.
- USB 2.0 ports: 4
- Network: 300 MBPS Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n/ac Wireless LAN (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz), Bluetooth 4.0
- HDMI: 1.8m Gold Plated HDMI cable.
- Power: You will need a Rasberry Pi 2.5A 5v power supply with UK Plug. A USB power cable with convenient on/off switch is provided to plug into your USB Power supply.
NEW RTC module: StellarMate now ships with a Real-Time Clock with battery to keep StellarMate time accurate even when power is off. A real time clock is critical for accurate astronomy & astrophotraphy work.
The default StellarMate OS password is smate
The default StellarMate WiFi HotSpot password is stellar@mate
Learning to use StellarMate:
For new users, using StellarMate effectively can take a bit of a learning curve (like everything else) especially given the breadth of the features if provides. Here are some useful resources to get your started:
StellarMate Technical Support:
StellarMate are proud to offer top-notch technical support here for our customers. First, please make sure you read the Frequently Asked Questions and Knowledge Base articles. To report any issues with StellarMate or Ekos, please submit a ticket and our support team should get back to you as soon as possible. Please make sure to submit the relevant logs to aid in diagnosting and resolving the issue efficiently.
More info about StellarMate:
StellarMate Gear setup video by AstroBuddy (new window)
- Direct Connection: Plug the supplied HDMI cable to a monitor to gain direct access to StellarMate OS. You also need to plug your Mouse & Keyboard.
- Wired: Connect StellarMate to your LAN via Ethernet. You can access it like any other device on your network. You can use Network Discovery tools on your operating system (e.g. Avahi/Bonjour). to detect it as it advertises its services over the network.
- Wireless: Use StellarMate App for Android and iOS to connect to your gadget.
(read the full Stellarmate FAQs here)
Availability: If showing as out of stock, click the "notify when in stock button" for instant email alert.