Altair 1.25" Illuminated Reticule Eyepiece (fits Miniguider FinderScopes & Telescopes)
This 1.25” eyepiece is the same one included as standard on the Altair Astro 60mm and 80mm finder-scopes.
This product is ideal for customers who have an additional telescope they wish to use for finding objects, to improve existing finders with 1.25" eyepiece holders, or for guiding long exposure photographs. Customers who bought the Altair Miniguider or Maxiguider optical tube with webcam adapter only, can now upgrade to a visual finder should they wish to.
The eyepiece has a 23 mm focal length with a 50 degree field of view, and 15mm eye relief. A large rubber eyecup shields your eye against external glare which is important when searching for faint objects. The eyecup can be removed or folded down.
The optics are fully multicoated for high contrast and the crosshair reticule is etched into the lower glass element. The reticule pattern is extremely finely etched and when illuminated, it glows gently against the dark background of the sky, making alignment very easy.
These reticule eyepieces have good quality optics and are a noticeable improvement on more basic illuminated eyepieces found in finders and such, which often use dark wires which are hard to spot against a dark sky.
A reticule illuminator with variable brightness red LED is included, which screws into the side of the eyepiece, and accepts 2x LR44 1.5v batteries (included). The LED is a dark red specially selected so as not to impair your night vision, and it can be smoothly adjusted by twisting the knurled knob on the rear end of the illuminator. In order to replace the batteries, simply unscrew the middle straight-sided barrel section from the rear thicker part of the illuminator, revealing the battery compartment.
- Tring Astronomy Centre (Hertfordshire, Advanced Stockist)
- Green Witch (Birstal & Cambridge, Advanced Stockist)
- Telescope House (Kent, Advanced Stockist)
- Harrison Telescopes (Stockist)
- Rother Valley Optics (Stockist)
- Wex Photographic (Norwich, Stockist)
- Ian King Imaging (Kent, Stockist)
- Peak 2 Valley Instruments (Derbyshire, Stockist)
- Widescreen Centre (Cambridgeshire, Stockist)
- F1 Telescopes (Kent)
- Grovers (North Yorkshire)
- Io Astronomy Please note: IO Astronomy voluntarily ceased trading with large unpaid debts affecting the entire UK astronomy industry. You may contact us for problems / issues with Altair or iOptron products ONLY - or try Darkframe Optics / Dave Woods. Unfortunately, we will not be able to support undeclared products bought from the ex-directors after the company ceased trading.
- Artesky Italy, Europe
- Astromarket AST Optics Belgium, Europe
- Astro AS Denmark, Europe
- Astro Sweden Belgium, Europe
- Ktech Telescopes Ireland, Europe
- Pierro Astro France, Europe
- SkyVision France, Europe
- Teleskop Service Ransburg Germany, Europe
North America & Canada orders:
Products can be ordered online from Altair with tracked insured shipping to anywhere in the world. For large items shipping price may need to be re-quoted.
Russia orders: Please contact.