Altair 1.0x M54 Flattener for Wave Series 60EDF and Starwave Series 60ED Refractor
- You can connect to APS-C DSLR's, CMOS and CCD cameras such as Altair Hypercam, converting your telescope into a flat-field astrograph,
- Simply remove unscrew the rear 2" push-fit adapter from the 60EDF focuser, and screw the flattener into the focuser end cap for a rigid fit.
- The camera-facing rear thread is M48 male.
- For use with the Hypercam (which has a female T-Thread on the front) use the Altair T2M-M48F adaptor to change from M48 to T2-Thread.
- Spacing from rear flat shoulder of the flattener to the CCD film plane is 55mm and you can use the Altair Astro M48 or T-thread spacer system to fine-tune the optimum distance for your camera sensor and filter setup. Please check the flattener to camera spacing instructions for more info.
FAQ: Why is a field flattener required to take images with my refractor? All refractor lens systems exhibit some natural field curvature which, while not relevant for visual observation, can be visible in images. This field flattener/reducer screws directly into the rear focuser rotator of your refractor, converting it into an astrograph with a flatter photographic field than the existing lens system alone.
Delivery Weight Package