Altair 10x60mm RACI Finder Scope (90 deg erect image prism, variable illuminator, eyepiece)
The Altair Astro 10x60mm finder scope is a larger and more powerful upgrade to standard 8x50 finders. It gathers more light, resulting in a brighter image delivering almost half again as much light to your eye. Many more objects are visible in this finder than in standard 50mm finders.
The Altair Astro 60mm finder also has many more features than your average finder scope:
- This finder is right angled for more comfort, with a corrected field (i.e. not mirror-reversed like other finders), so objects actually match their orientation in your star chart.
- The focuser can also be rotated 360° and locked in seconds (requiring some re-alignment afterwards). The 10mm larger objective and a little extra power compare to 8x50 finders, yet has almost the same size and weight.
- The included quick-release finder base has 4x 4mm slotted holes in the base allowing you to fit it to most telescopes on the market. (The mini-dovetail wedge on the bracket will fit any GSO or Skywatcher telescope directly in fact but we suggest you use the included base if it fits the tube, because it has 2x clamping screws, for better alignment).
- The CNC machined bracket is light yet rigid to keep alignment. Nylon tipped screws do not damage the durable high quality and moisture resistant powder coated aluminium tube.
- All objective lenses are anti-reflection coated and the tube and dewshield are internally blackened to increase contrast. The included illuminator has a variable setting, which illuminates the cross hairs in the eyepiece. The included eyepiece has a dark field illuminated cross-hair, so you can easily see it glowing faintly against the background sky, an upgrade for standard finders with dark cross-hairs.
- The high quality 1.25” FMC illuminated eyepiece has good eye relief for glasses-wearers, and a wide field of view. It has a side-port to screw in the included variable darkfield illuminated reticule, and the finder can be very easily focused, using the included helical focuser integrated with the prism diagonal.
The higher 10x magnification is better for astro-imagers who want to centre an object more precisely in the camera field-of-view, yet the field of view is still very large.
Weight is 955g.
NEW read the Altair 60mm finder review in Sky at Night Magazine here (PDF format, opens new window).
Altair 60mm finder package contents:
23mm wide field eyepiece with illuminated glass engraved reticule.
CNC machined variable brightness LED illuminator, which plugs into the eyepiece. The illuminator requires 2x LR44 or GPA76 batteries (not included).
Smooth 1.25" helical focuser - accepts any 1.25" eyepiece.
1.25" Erect image prism FMC Multi Coated.
60mm F3.75 multi coated doublet Achromat finder OTA with rotating rear assembly.
Special dual-clamp mounting bracket to fit most SCTs and refractors on the market.
Alu Tube rings with 6x Nylon tipped adjustment screws.
Mini-rail to connect the tube rings.
Front and rear end-caps.
Tough foam filled carboard case.
Availability: This product is very popular, and can go out or of stock very quickly. If showing as "out of stock", simply click on the "Notify when in stock" button for an email alert when the next production run is ready.
Incl. VAT 20.00 % ( £166.50 )
Incl. VAT 20.00 % ( £16.67 )
Incl. VAT 20.00 % ( £233.17 )
Author: Terry Lampton
This RACI finder is a significant upgrade. The viewing angle much more comfortable especially on my dobsonian. I ordered the extra base, so I can switch the finder between scopes. I haven't used the auto guiding feature.
Author: Tom During
Very useful piece of kit and I'm quite happy thank you. It actually works quite well on the moon and shows a lot more detail than expected.
Author: Paul Spencer
I using my video camera with the auto guiding adapter which gives me a kind of video-finder. Galaxies and other deep sky objects are easy to spot at f3.75. The optics are good for a finder and the price is surprisingly low for what you get in the box.
Author: Chris McCarthy
This is good quality and its much easier to use than my standard finder scope. The eyepiece illuminator actually did include batteries even though it said they weren't included. The illuminator seems quite dim but easily visible at night. At first I thought it didn't work when I tried it during the day. I can't really fault the product, and for the money this is a complete bargain - Chris.
Click here to join the Altair Astro Product Discussion Forum
Where to buy Altair Astro products:
- Tring Astronomy Centre (Hertfordshire, Advanced Stockist)
- Green Witch (Birstal & Cambridge, Advanced Stockist)
- Telescope House (Kent, Advanced Stockist)
- Harrison Telescopes (Stockist)
- Rother Valley Optics (Stockist)
- Wex Photographic (Norwich, Stockist)
- Ian King Imaging (Kent, Stockist)
- Peak 2 Valley Instruments (Derbyshire, Stockist)
- Widescreen Centre (Cambridgeshire, Stockist)
- F1 Telescopes (Kent)
- Grovers (North Yorkshire)
- Io Astronomy Please note: IO Astronomy voluntarily ceased trading with large unpaid debts affecting the entire UK astronomy industry. You may contact us for problems / issues with Altair or iOptron products ONLY - or try Darkframe Optics / Dave Woods. Unfortunately, we will not be able to support undeclared products bought from the ex-directors after the company ceased trading.
- Artesky Italy, Europe
- Astromarket AST Optics Belgium, Europe
- Astro AS Denmark, Europe
- Astro Sweden Belgium, Europe
- Ktech Telescopes Ireland, Europe
- Pierro Astro France, Europe
- SkyVision France, Europe
- Teleskop Service Ransburg Germany, Europe
North America & Canada orders:
Products can be ordered online from Altair with tracked insured shipping to anywhere in the world. For large items shipping price may need to be re-quoted.
Russia orders: Please contact.
Availability: If product shows as out of stock, please click on the "Notify me when in stock" button to receive instant notification of availability. Altair Astro and iOptron reserve the right to change the product price and specification without notice.