Altair 130mm ED Triplet, iOptron CEM60 & Altair 8" Observatory Pier COMBO
Contact us for the price.
This combo package includes an Altair Wave Series 130mm ED Triplet APO, an Altair-SkyShed 8" Steel Pier, an iOptron CEM60 mount. Probably the best value package for an observatory build. Can be installed on decking, or as the basis for a your new observatory.
What's included in this combo:
- Altair Astro Wave Series 130mm ED Triplet Refractor, case, optical test report.
- iOptron CEM60 Equatorial Mount, 1x 9.5kg counterweight, case.
- Altair SkyShed 8" Steel Pier with L-Bolts
2. The Altair Wave Series 130mm Triplet APO refractor: This is the new 2014 production run with super smooth rack 'n pinion focuser and new-style tube mechanics.
Visual observing: For visual use you get that high contrast view that only a refractor can provide, along with 130mm of unobstructed aperture at a comfortable F7 (905mm focal length). Planets and deep-sky objects really benefit from the extra aperture, and the difference between a 130mm and 102mm or 115mm refractor is immediately obvious. For imaging, you get a 130mm triplet refractor with not only an advantage in colour correction, but the ability to convert to a super fast 130mm F5.5 astrograph by adding the Planostar 0.79x Reducer-Flattener. (715mm focal length). Or perhaps you want to image at the native 905mm focal length? No problem, just attach the Planostar 1.0x field flattener. Both modes of operation enable you to use the latest 35mm full frame DSLR or CCD cameras. A truly versatile imaging or visual scope, with known provenance, a unique serial number, and corresponding test report.
2. The Altair / SkyShed Pier: 8" laser cut Steel Pier with extremely rigid all-steel welded construction and a durable powdercoated finish. Unlike any other pier on the market, the SkyShed pier can easily be adjusted in rotation and levelling after it's bolted down, without undoing those bolts! Powder coated and flame-sprayed with zinc, this pier is built to last. Contact us to talk you though the installation proces - it's very easy!
3. The CEM60 Mount: The CEM60 has gained a reputation as one of the most accurate mounts on the market in the sub £3000 price band, outperforming similar size mounts costing several times the price in accuracy, with all the advanced imaging-friendly features you could wish for. The CEM60 handles the Altair 130mm Triplet refractor with ease for imaging or visual observing. The CEM60 mount fits onto a pier or tripod, and in this case the Altair SkyShed pier is included, to which the CEM60 can be directly attached (hardware included).
iOptron CEM60 key features:
Accurate polar alignment for imagers: A polar scope is included as standard with the CEM60, and in fact this the Polar Scope design and position is one of the most desirable features of the mount, aside from it's low weight and high tracking accuracy. Unlike other mounts, the Accualign TM polar scope is never obstructed by the declination shaft - regardless of where the mount and scope are pointing. Polar alignment can be checked whilst the mount is being used, unlike any other mount of this type. What's more, the GotoNova handset features a graphical display showing you exactly where the polar stars need to be positioned for the most accurate alignment.
Pier and observatory-friendly mount: Fits directly and quickly to the Altair Astro Pier top plate without any fuss! (hardware included). The downward-position of the counterweight shaft, and the unique centre-balanced design, make the CEM60 ideal for small observatories where space is at a premium.
Light weight and efficient: Capable of carrying a maximum payload of 60 pounds, the CEM 60 is also comparatively lightweight at only 27 pounds for the mount head. By balancing the payload over the center of gravity, iOptron has created an equatorial mount that has one of the best weight to payload ratios.
- Center-balanced equatorial mount (CEM) for minimal mount weight but maximum payload capacity.
- Ideal for entry-level and intermediate astrophotographers.
- Patent pending non-contact magnetically loaded gear system.
- Maximum Payload capacity of 60 lb. (27.2 kg) with a mount-only weight of 27 lb. (12.3 kg).
- Gear switches on both R.A. and DEC axes for easy balancing when disengaged.
- Adjustable counterweight shaft for 0º latitude operation.
- Screw/worm type latitude adjuster for precision adjustments.
- Milling machine tooling vise type latitude bearing and locks system for rock solid positioning.
- User side azimuth fine adjusters for easy azimuth adjustment.
- Precision stepper motor with 0.06 arcsec accuracy for precise GOTO and accurate tracking.
- iOptron AccuAligning™ calibrated polar scope with dark-field illumination and easy polar alignment procedure, allowing for fast and accurate polar alignment.
- Polar alignment routine for those who can't see the Pole Star.
- Go2Nova® 8407 controller with Advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO Technology with built in heater.
- Permanent periodic error correction (PPEC).
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port.
- Built-in 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS).
- Built-in or customized cable management system.
- Spring loaded Vixen/Losmandy dual saddle.
Delivery: We offer UK, EU or rest-of-world export services with equipment crating. Please contact us with your location for a quote.
Ordering: This isn't the kind of product you order online with a few clicks, and you probably have questions. If you need additional accessories, such as eyepieces, cameras, filter wheels and other items at a considerable overall saving, we can advise on the best solution for your intended use. Please contact us for more info.
- Harrison Telescopes
- Telescope House
- Tring Astronomy Centre
- Rother Valley Optics
- F1 Telescopes
- Io Astronomy Please note: IO Astronomy voluntarily ceased trading with large unpaid debts affecting the entire UK astronomy industry. You may contact us for problems / issues with Altair or iOptron products ONLY - or try Darkframe Optics / Dave Woods. Unfortunately, we will not be able to support undeclared products bought from the ex-directors after the company ceased trading.
- Astro AS Denmark, Europe
- Robtics Netherlands
- Pierro Astro France
- SkyVision France
- Teleskop Service Ransburg Germany
North America & Canada orders:
- Land Sea & Sky (Takahashi America) USA
- Cloudbreak Optics USA
- Ontario Telescopes Canada/North America
Products can be ordered online from Altair with tracked insured shipping to anywhere in the world. For large items shipping price may need to be re-quoted.
Russia orders: Please contact.