This compact Newtonian is ideal for astrophotography. Due to the fast aperture ratio of f/4, this astrograph provides pure speed, and therefore short exposure times.
Only a good coma corrector turns this Newtonian into a true astrograph. Our recommendation is the Maxfield Newtonian Coma Corrector 0.95x Product code: T-969KNDWAWD-67 which is perfect for this telescope, offering very good edge sharpness. The working distance from the M48 thread is 55 mm. With a T-ring, you are automatically at the right distance for astrophotography with DSLR cameras. For Hypercam or other dedicated astro cameras, you can work out the spacing using this guide here with the coma corrector substituted for reducer/flattener.
With approx. 5 kg weight and only 530 mm length, this Newtonian is portable and will work with small mounts such as the Skywatcher EQ3-2, EQM-35 and iOptron CEM26 series. For wide field visual observing, you can even mount the telescope on a good photo tripod.
- Fast 154mm F 600mm parabolic mirror with a smooth surface for planetary and deep-sky observation.
- High-quality 2" MONORAIL focuser with 1:10 dual speed for 2" and 1.25" accessories.
- 2" Focuser accepts both 1.25" and 2" eyepieces (adaptor included).
- Brighter image through enhanced 94% reflectivity of primary and secondary mirror.
- Motor focus can be retrofitted at any time.
- A 0.5 mm thin stainless steel spider provides stability and delicate sharp diffraction spikes around bright stars.
- Adjustable primary mirror cell and secondary holder completely made of metal.
- Central mark on the primary mirror for easy collimation.
- 35mm Extension tube included for visual observation.
- Aperture: 154 mm (6")
- Focal length: 600 mm
- Aperture ratio: F4
- Primary mirror: Parabolic primary mirror with 94% reflection and protective quartz overcoat.
- Secondary mirror: 70 mm minor axis with 94% enhanced reflection and protective quartz layer
- Resolution: 0.77"
- Limiting magnitude: 12.7 mag
- Focuser: 2" Monorail focuser with 1/10 dual speed, adapter to 1.25" and compression ring
- Backfocus: approx. 98 mm
- Finder scope 8x50mm (can be replaced with Altair MG60 Guide scope).
- Tube weight: 5.3 kg with tube rings and finder
- Tube dimensions: Length 530 mm, diameter 178 mm
Delivery Weight Package