The Altair MG60 mini guide scope & camera combo comes with the sensitive Altair GPCAMv2 AR0130 Mono Guide Camera, plus famous Altair 60mm Guide Scope optical tube in new red trim with an improved optical tube with a lockable backfocus adjuster in the mid section. This allows even more cameras to be used with the optical tube. It's light weight and ideal for auto-guiding.
The package is ideal for astro-imagers who have a wide field portable imaging system. By keeping weight down, you're putting less demand on your mount, making it easier to balance, therefore tracking accuracy is improved. There are no plastic parts to bend or flex.
You get a free SharpCap PRO software license with the camera, so you can POLAR ALIGN with extreme accuracy out of the box in minutes. Your finder doesn't even need to be perfectly aligned with your optical tube! You can just point the finder scope within 5 degrees of the north or south celestial pole and the software will do the rest!
There are many autoguiding kits out there, but nothing we know of with such a sensitive camera and such a light weight high quality all-metal guide scope. There are no plastic parts in this kit, and no spring loaded guidescope rings so you don't need to worry about flex.
The precision locking focuser preserves the focal point, so you can never lose focus. The result is quicker setup time. 3x Thumbscrews are spaced around the 1.25" barrel, so the camera body will not deflect during guiding. The barrel has a compression ring, so that your camera will not be scratched or marred, unlike cheaper guide scopes. The 60mm objective has a focal ratio of f3.75 and a focal length of 225mm.
The included Vixen/ Arca Swiss compatible dovetail bar allows you to attach the guidescope to an inverted clamp, or bolt it directly to your scope tube rings. Two 1/4" UNC photo-threaded holes are included between the 3x slots for more flexibility in mounting.
The adjustable tube rings are light, yet rigid enough to stay in perfect alignment, for autoguiding up to 1.3m focal length. The rings cannot twist or rotate because the dovetail bar they sit upon has a slight channel profile. The screws have special tips to avoid scratching the durable high quality and moisture resistant powder coat on the 60mm aluminium optical tube.
This combo includes:
- 60mm F3.75 Optical Tube with quality F3.75 achromat objective (Focal length is 225mm) with 1.25" non-rotating Helical Micro focuser (with locking thumbscrew)
- Special thread-on extension with 3 thumbscrews and brass compression ring to hold the camera absolutely rigid.
- Adjustable guide scope rings with Nylon Tipped thumbscrews
- 150mm Vixen / Arca format dovetail bar with mounting slots.
- Altair GPCAMv2 AR0130 MONO Guide Camera with ST4 Port (Code: ALTAIRGP130M-BASIC)
- Clear Optical window for maximum guide star transmission.
- 1.25" Nosepiece/Barrel with 1.25" Filter thread on front
- ST4 Cable
- USB Cable
- Free AltairCapture deepsky, planetary imaging and EAA software for Windows XP, 8, & 10 PC only.
- SPECIAL OFFER! FREE 1 YEAR SharpCap PRO License! Includes ultra-accurate polar alignment assist, deepsky CMOS exposure time optimisation assist, live stacking for EAA/Video astronomy, live darkframe and flat frame subtration. Click here for more SC PRO features. Just download the latest SharpCap, connect your camera, register when the screen pops up and sign up for your free license. Download SharpCap 3.0+ now to take advantage of this special offer. One license per user. For Windows PCs only.
- NOTE: The Camera is compatible with PHD2.6 or above guiding software (native support), and with other applications through the ASCOM interface.
- NOTE: Software and drivers are not included in the box and must be downloaded from www.altaircameras.com and installed before plugging in and operating the camera.
Convert into a finder scope with the Altair 1.25" Illuminated Reticule Eyepiece (product code: 125-EP23-IR)
Altair staff comments:
Caveat Emptor - cheap "guidescope" packages: We recently became aware of cheap guidescope packages on the market using cheap components. We feel these cheap guide scopes are inadequate for auto-guiding. The MG60 is also better than the re-purposed 50mm finder scopes with the all-plastic/Nylon screws, the rubber o-ring at the front and the single "springy screw" at the back. These finder scopes are barely able to stay pointed in one direction, let along capable of guiding. Don't be fooled by inferior products.
Delivery Weight Package