Altair 70 EDQ-R F5 Quad APO Astrograph
A fast focal ratio 70mm ED Quad APO Astrograph for wide field imaging with with full frame DLSR or CMOS cameras.
The quad design removes the requirement for a separate reducer or field flattener. While this fixes the focal length at 350mm making this a one focal length scope, it also allows for more compactness and portability.
The focal ratio is fast at F5 (350mm focal length), allowing for sharp star images and excellent performance and contrast with filters.
- FPL-53 glass for colour free apochromatic performance, with improved lens mounting and wider useable field in 2022 model compared to 2016 model.
- Full-frame coverage compatible with Hypercam FX series.
- Improved dual-speed rack and pinion focuser with new type bearings and 29mm total travel for astro imaging.
- Focuser offers a choice of M63 Female, M54x0.75 Female, or M48 Male rear threads (For more information, please see the back-focus diagram showing optimum focus point when the scope is at infinity).
- Field rotator and rear collimation screws to adjust perpendicularly to cameras, filter wheels and OAGs.
- Light Weight of only 3.8kg with X-Ring style light weight tube rings,
- Mounting options. Included 245mm Vixen format dovetail bar and 125mm top-handle with dual Vixen/Arca style dovetail profile, enabling top mounting using the Altair TMS Quick Release Mini Vixen Arca compatible dovetail clamp (Product code: AAVIXCLAMP-BLUE)
- Very compact for travel - only 385mm length with dew-shield folded (430mm with dew-shield extended).
- Altair Astro QC for complete quality assurance.
Backfocus and sensor position:
For back focus position at infinity, please check the diagram which shows the sensor position. Here's a comprehensive set of Altair 70EDQ Quad Astrograph and back-focus instructions with your camera and filter holder.
Note: Altair reserves the right to change product specification or price without notice.
Delivery Weight Package