Altair 8" F5 Newtonian Telescope
Altair 8" f/5 Newtonian telescope - for Observing and Astrophotography:
This telescope is a true all-rounder and ranks among the best in this range. Through the versatile focal ratio of f/5, the Newtonian offers best prerequisites for lunar and planetary observations. The optimised secondary mirror is designed for deep-sky observations as well as for astrophotography.
Only a good coma corrector turns this Newtonian into a true astrograph. Our recommendation is the Maxfield Newtonian Coma Corrector 0.95x Product code: T-969KNDWAWD-67 which is perfect for this telescope, offering very good edge sharpness. The working distance from the M48 thread is 55 mm. With a T-ring, you are automatically at the right distance for astrophotography with DSLR cameras. For Hypercam or other dedicated astro cameras, you can work out the spacing using this guide here with the coma corrector substituted for reducer/flattener.
Features at a glance:
- Moderate F5 focal ratio for astrophotography and visual observation.
- Very good for high power imaging of the moon and planets with GPCAM.
- Secondary mirror provides even illumination on DSLR or Hypercam dedicated astro cameras.
- Generous back focus allows using popular coma correctors and cameras.
- High-quality primary mirror of optical BK7 glass with enhanced 94% reflectivity coating provides a bright, clear image.
- Stable 2" Crayford focuser with 10:1 dual speed and 1.25" reduction adaptor.
- 35mm Extension tube included for eyepiece use.
- Motor focus can be retrofitted at any time.
- Rear cooling fan on the primary mirror allows quicker cool-down, quicker observing, quicker photography.
- Steel tube reduces tube currents by reaching ambient temperature faster,.
- Metal mirror cells for optimal adjustment stability.
- Aperture: 200 mm (8")
- Focal length: 1000 mm
- Focal ratio: F5
- Primary mirror: Parabolic primary mirror with 94% enhanced reflectivity coatings and quartz layer.
- Secondary mirror: 63 mm diameter (minor axis) with 94% enhanced reflectivity coatings and quartz layer.
- Field illumination: 28 mm diameter (100%) - ideal for APS-C format sensors with matching coma corrector.
- Focuser: 2" Crayford focuser with 1/10 dual speed transmission.
- Vixen dovetail bar.
- Rear cooling fan 12v.
- 8x50 Finder scope. Can be replaced with Altair MG60 Guidescope.
- Tube weight: 9 kg with rings and finder.
- Dimensions of tube: length 900 mm, diameter 230 mm
- Box size: 31cm x 40cm x 100cm
- Total weight: 12.2 kg
Delivery Weight Package