Altair 80mm Guide Scope Kit w Precision LOCKING Focuser Vixen Bar
The Altair Maxi Guider 80 is designed for very accurate guiding, or where you may not have space for an OAG in your imaging setup. As an optical finder scope, it has even more aperture, so you can see fainter objects. In fact this is a mini-telescope giving pleasant rich-field views with a 1.25" eyepiece.
There are no plastic parts in the optical tube and the focuser assembly is all-threaded. This eliminates differential flex in the focuser - a common problem with small telescopes when used as guide scopes. The optical tube and focuser, once locked, cannot move relative to the camera body.
- 2.56x more surface area than a 50mm guide scope, and a corresponding increase in brightness.
- A 328mm focal length mini-telescope in it's own right, but without the additional weight of a focuser and tube rings.
- Machined aluminium tube with super-rigid “set and forget” locking focuser. You will only focus your guide camera once!
- Guide Scope Rings, thumbscrew hardware and a 180mm 44.5mm width Vixen/Arca compatible dovetail with 1/4" Photo tripod threads are included.
- High contrast due to matte black internal surfaces and a fully multicoated objective lens.
- Can be ordered with an optional 23mm Illuminated Reticule eyepiece giving 14x Magnification.
In the box (product code MG80):
- 80mm F4.1 fully multicoated achromat lens in an all-metal optical tube assembly with dew-shield and objective cap. (328mm focal length).
- Straight-Through 1.25" Lockable Auto-guider Focuser with 3x clamping screws. Can be used for autoguiding or straight-through use with a 1.25" eyepiece.
- Tube rings with 6x Nylon tipped screws, and 6” Vixen/Arca Swiss compatible dovetail rail.
Optional illuminated reticule eyepiece (product code MG80-IREP):
- 23mm Illuminated Reticule eyepiece giving 14x Magnification and rubber fold-down eyecup.
- Adjustable-brightness illuminator with red LED for night time visibility without harming your night vision.
- Reticule is laser engraved for very sharp views, and can be independently focused with a twist-grip.
Optional guide camera package :
- Altair GPCAM130M with the extremely sensitive AR0130 Mono CMOS sensor (product code ALTAIRGP130M).
- UVIR cut filter.
Optional Deluxe 100mm Guide Scope Ring packages:
- Red or black CNC machined extra strong guide scope rings for long focal length imaging.
- Attach to Altair Losmandy and Vixen dovetail bars.
- 4x Stainless Steel M6 Mounting Screws included.
- Product codes: MG80-GSR-LW100-RED and MG80-GSR-LW100-BLACK
Dimensions & weights:
- OTA length without focuser or diagonal: 312mm
- OTA body diameter: 84.5mm
- Weight optical tube only: approx. 0.95kg
Delivery Weight Package