Altair Auxiliary Dew Heater for TEC Camera & Filter Wheel
TEC cooled cameras can get dew on the front optical window if humidity is high. This can happen even if they have heated front optical windows like Altair TEC Cameras due to the rapid cooling of the cooling module. Filter wheels are also affected and it's difficult to clear dew from filters.
This circular split ring heater fits Altair Hypercam TEC Cooled cameras, as well as most other CCD and CMOS cameras, on the market. The 2W heater warms the front housing, reducing fogging in high humidity conditions. On high power, it can clear a large filter wheel in a short time, and prevent filter wheels malfunctioning from cold. If placed between filter wheel and reducer, it can also warm a focal reducer through conduction, preventing condensation inside the reducer and the formation of fungus.
- Dimensions: 65mm Outer Diameter, with 51mm Inner Diameter hole.
- The flexible heating element fits against a flat surface with a hole in the middle for most optics to pass through.
- Split cable and heater design allows you to install the heater easily without taking your imaging rig apart.
- Super durable 2W Nichrome heating element sealed in genuine silicon rubber, with 22awg silicon covered connector wires. Very good flex even if very cold conditions, tested up to -20C.
- Moisture proof heater element. Based on an industrial spec - not comparable to cheaper heaters.
- 2 year warranty against defects in workmanship. (Incorrect installation or connecting directly to a 12v power source without a dew controller is not covered).
- You need a mild glue (such as a thin layer of silicon sealant) to attach the heater against the front of your camera. Silicon is easy to remove by just peeling it off, and it won't damage the camera front like some heaters which use very sticky compounds which and take the anodising off with it. Use sparingly. An alternative is to just use electrical tape around the edges which also peels off without much residue.
- IMPORTANT you must ensure the two spade contacts cannot touch each other after installation. They must be insulated by wrapping with electrical tape to avoid short-circuits.
- NOTE: Dew heaters must ONLY be connected to a reliable, good quality 12v dew heater controller with a fuse. NEVER connect ANY dew heater to 12v direct current power source or mains power under any circumstances, no matter what you read on the Internet.
Delivery Weight Package