Altair Lightwave 12.5mm LER 1.25" Planetary Eyepiece
The Altair Lightwave TM 12.5mm Planetary Long Eye Relief Eyepiece delivers high power with a short focal length telescope, such as a small refractor, so it's ideal for high power planetary or lunar observing.
The 7-element, 4 group computer optimized design, a very smooth polish, and fully multi-coated optics deliver exceptional contrast and clarity. The 55° apparent field of view is flat, and well corrected.
20mm of Long Eye Relief means you can position your eye 20mm from the eyepiece rear lens, making this is a very comfortable eyepiece for beginners and experienced observers alike, whether or not you're wearing glasses. This helps you spend more time observing fine details on the planets or moon without fatigue.
- Apparent field of view 55° degrees
- Focal Length 12.5mm
- Barrel OD 1.25" with filter thread
- Fold-down eyecups & rubber grip
- Eye relief 20mm
- Design 7 elements in 4 groups
- Coatings FMC Fully Multi-Coated
- Baffled with blackened lens edges
- Precision CNC machined barrel with extremely hard anodising.
Divide the telescope focal length in mm by the eyepiece focal length in mm to get the magnification.
Here's an example magnification table for popular telescopes:
|Telescope type:||Focal Length||3mm||5mm||6mm||9mm||12.5mm|
|Starwave 70ED F6||420||140||84||70||47||34|
|Wave 80mm EDT F6||480||160||96||80||53||38|
|Starwave 102ED F7||715||238||143||119||79||57|
|Starwave 110ED F7||770||257||154||128||86||62|
|Altair 6" F5 Newtonian||760||n/a||152||127||84||61|
|Altair 6" F6 Newtonian||912||n/a||182||152||101||
Altair staff comment: "We have tested this product extensively, and when you consider the optical quality and the long eye relief feature, this is probably the best value eyepiece set in our range to date. We have been able to keep the cost down by using a simple yet robust barrel, and by incorporating optics which are already a popular proven formula. We recommend them for comfortable enjoyable viewing with all refractors such as the Starwave, Lightwave, Wave Series and Newtonian reflectors. They also perform very well in binoviewers due to the narrow barrel construction and light-weight housing. "
- Tring Astronomy Centre (Hertfordshire, Advanced Stockist)
- Green Witch (Birstal & Cambridge, Advanced Stockist)
- Telescope House (Kent, Advanced Stockist)
- Harrison Telescopes (Stockist)
- Rother Valley Optics (Stockist)
- Wex Photographic (Norwich, Stockist)
- Ian King Imaging (Kent, Stockist)
- Peak 2 Valley Instruments (Derbyshire, Stockist)
- Widescreen Centre (Cambridgeshire, Stockist)
- F1 Telescopes (Kent)
- Grovers (North Yorkshire)
- Io Astronomy Please note: IO Astronomy voluntarily ceased trading with large unpaid debts affecting the entire UK astronomy industry. You may contact us for problems / issues with Altair or iOptron products ONLY - or try Darkframe Optics / Dave Woods. Unfortunately, we will not be able to support undeclared products bought from the ex-directors after the company ceased trading.
European orders - order on this page or contact our European dealers:
North America & Canada orders:
Products can be ordered online from Altair with tracked insured shipping to anywhere in the world. For large items shipping price may need to be re-quoted.
Availability: If product shows as out of stock, please click on the "Notify me when in stock" button to receive instant notification of availability. Altair Astro and iOptron reserve the right to change the product price and specification without notice.