The Starwave ASCENT 115mm F7 EDT APO brings you triplet ED level colour correction, and is a very capable, multipurpose imaging and visual platform. It offers more light grasp and resolution than a 4" refractor with similar portability.
A quality Rack 'n Pinion geared focuser with tri-clamp and 2" to 1.25" adaptor and screws for guide-scope mounting are standard.
For high or low power visual observation, the Starwave 115 will give the high contrast views only a refractor can, for a very pleasing experience with high power, or low power wide field eyepieces.
The ASCENT 115 is imaging-ready with the optional 0.8x reducer - a great match for deepsky imaging with your Altair Hypercam. For lunar and planetary imaging, a 2x Barlow lens and GPCAM will show a wealth of detail.
The addition of an Altair Solar Wedge or Baader Solar film filter allows high resolution imaging or visual observation of the surface of our nearest star. Needless to say, the views (and images) with a Daystar Hydrogen Alpha Quark and the Altair D-ERF are nothing short of amazing at this aperture.
What magnification will eyepieces produce?
The following common eyepiece focal lengths will give the following magnifications with the Starwave 115 ED Triplet refractor:
Starwave 115mm ED Triplet specification:
- Air spaced FK61 ED triplet APO lens in collimatable lens cell.
- Aperture/Focal Ratio/Focal Length - 115mm / F7 / 805mm
- Resolution - 1.01 arc seconds
- Limiting Visual Magnitude - 11.1
- Highest Useful Magnification - 230x (atmospheric conditions permitting)
- Fully multi coated on all 6x optical surfaces for high transmission
- Aluminium with durable white matte powder coat (tougher than paint).
- Retractable dew shield
- 2.5" Dual speed Rack 'n Pinion focuser
- 1:10 ratio micro focuser knob
- 2" to 1.25" Self-Centering Adaptor
- Optional 8.6x 50mm finder scope with illuminated reticule
- CNC machined tube rings compatible with Altair M6 30mm hole spacing.
- Vixen format dovetail plate
- 2" adaptor with brass compression ring and 3x clamping screws
- Scope Weight - approx.7kg including tube rings, without accessories
- Scope Length 70cm with dew-shield retracted, 89cm with dew-shield extended
Delivery Weight Package