Altair Starwave 115 F7 ED Triplet Refractor
The Starwave ASCENT 115mm F7 EDT APO brings you triplet ED level colour correction, and is a very capable, multipurpose imaging and visual platform. It offers more light grasp and resolution than a 4" refractor with similar portability. The Ohara ED / Lanthanum lens design offers great colour correction, and no secondary spectrum is visible.
A temperature compensated lens cell (like all Starwave refractors) plus a quality Rack 'n Pinion geared focuser with tri-clamp and 2" to 1.25" adaptor and screws for guide-scope mounting are standard. Additionally, the focuser allows a dedicated reducer to be screwed directly into the back by means of an M63 thread, reducing flex for better imaging.
For high or low power visual observation, the Starwave 115 will give the high contrast views only a refractor can, for a very pleasing experience with high power, or low power wide field eyepieces.
The ASCENT 115 is imaging-ready with the optional 0.8x reducer - a great match for deepsky imaging with your Altair Hypercam. For lunar and planetary imaging, a 2x Barlow lens and GPCAM will show a wealth of detail.
The addition of an Altair Solar Wedge or Baader Solar film filter allows high resolution imaging or visual observation of the surface of our nearest star. Needless to say, the views (and images) with a Daystar Hydrogen Alpha Quark and the Altair D-ERF are nothing short of amazing at this aperture.
What magnification will eyepieces produce?
The following common eyepiece focal lengths will give the following magnifications with the Starwave 115 ED Triplet refractor:
Starwave 115mm ED Triplet specification:
- Air spaced ED triplet APO lens with Japanese ED and Lanthanum-doped elements, in collimatable, temperature compensated lens cell.
- Aperture/Focal Ratio/Focal Length - 115mm / F7 / 805mm
- Resolution - 1.01 arc seconds
- Limiting Visual Magnitude - 11.1
- Highest Useful Magnification - 230x (atmospheric conditions permitting)
- Fully multi coated on all 6x optical surfaces for high transmission
- Aluminium with durable white matte powder coat (tougher than paint).
- Retractable dew shield
- 2.5" Dual speed Rack 'n Pinion focuser
- 1:10 ratio micro focuser knob
- 2" to 1.25" Self-Centering Adaptor
- Optional 8.6x 50mm finder scope with illuminated reticule
- CNC machined tube rings compatible with Altair M6 30mm hole spacing.
- Vixen format dovetail plate
- 2" adaptor with brass compression ring and 3x clamping screws
- Scope Weight - approx.6.2kg including tube rings, without accessories
- Scope Length 70cm with dew-shield retracted, 89cm with dew-shield extended
Altair products ship worldwide - remember that if you are outside the UK, the price you pay is "EX VAT" as shown on the page, i.e. 20% less than the UK retail price. This is because UK local VAT sales tax does not apply to overseas orders. You may have to pay local import duties and taxes in your location.
Altair Astro and resellers reserve the right to change product specification and price without notice.
Delivery Weight Package