Altair Starwave 130 F7 ED Triplet Refractor
The Starwave ASCENT 130mm F7 EDT APO brings you triplet ED level colour correction.
F5.6 Astrograph mode: Adding the dedicated 0.8x reducer gives you a very capable astrograph for imaging at F5.6. A combination of ED and Lanthanum lens elements, enables high resolution imaging with a colour CMOS camera, without star-bloating. The optional 1.0x Field Flattener lets you image at a longer focal length to capture detail in galaxies and smaller planetary nebulae.
Visual mode: 130mm of aperture gives a 62% increase in light grasp and resolution compared to a 4" refractor. The telescope provides enjoyable high power solar system and low power deep-sky viewing with an eyepiece. Details on Jupiter's cloud belts, divisions Saturn's rings, and lunar landscapes are all easily visible in detail.
Focuser: A quality dual-speed Rack 'n Pinion geared focuser with tri-clamp and 2" to 1.25" adaptor and screws for guide-scope mounting is included. The focuser has an M63 rear female thread for direct connection of the dedicated 1.0x field flattener or the 0.8x reducer.
Solar system imaging and viewing: For lunar and planetary imaging, a 2x Barlow lens and GPCAM will show fine detail on the moon and planets. Solar observation and imaging with the Altair Solar Wedge will give excellent e.
Solar imaging and observation: The addition of an Altair Solar Wedge or Baader Solar film filter allows high resolution imaging or visual observation of the surface of our nearest star! Detail within sunspots and granulation is clearly visible. For Hydrogen Alpha solar fans, the views and images with a Daystar Hydrogen Alpha Quark and the Altair D-ERF will show amazing detail on the sun - contact us for more info for advice about your optimum setup.
What magnification will eyepieces produce?
The following common eyepiece focal lengths will give the following magnifications with the Starwave 130 ED Triplet refractor:
|Eyepiece:||Power:||With Altair 2x/3x FF Barlow:|
|Altair 30mm Ultraflat||30x||60x / 90x|
|Altair 24mm Ultraflat||38x||76x / 152x|
|Altair 18mm Ultraflat||50.5x||101x / 151x|
|Altair 15mm Ultraflat||60.5x||121x / 181.5x|
|Altair 10mm Ultraflat||91x||182x / NA|
Starwave 130mm ED Triplet specification:
- Air spaced ED Lanthanum triplet APO lens in a temperature compensated, collimatable lens cell. Fully Multi-Coated on all 6x optical surfaces.
- Aperture / Focal Ratio / Focal Length - 130mm F7 910mm
- Resolution - 0.89 arc seconds
- Limiting Visual Magnitude - 13.27
- Highest Practical Magnification - Approx. 250x (atmospheric conditions permitting)
- Included 8.6x 50mm finder scope with illuminated reticule
- Aluminium with durable white matte powder coat (tougher than paint).
- Retractable dew shield with adjustable tension screws.
- 2.5" Dual speed Rack 'n Pinion focuser. Rear 2" adaptor with brass compression ring and 3x clamping screws for heavy accessories.
- Focuser rotator with 3x Plastic Tipped adjustable screws or smooth rotation.
- 1:10 ratio micro focuser knob
- 2" to 1.25" Self-Centering Adaptor included
- CNC machined tube rings compatible with Altair M6 30mm 3-hole spacing.
- 300mm Vixen format dovetail plate included with stainless steel mounting Allen Cap-Head screws.
- Scope Weight - approx.9.3kg including tube rings, without accessories
- Scope Length 79cm with dew-shield retracted, 93cm with dew-shield extended
- Altair Hypercam or GPCAM cameras
- Altair 2" Diagonal
- Altair 2x Flat Field Barlow lens (to give you additional magnifications)
- Starwave 50mm Finder scope (click option to add)
- or Altair 50mm Illuminated finder scope. Product code: SWASF5022-IR
- Altair Solar Wedge or D-ERF Energy Rejection Filter, plus Daystar Quark.
- Altair Magnetic Filter holder
Altair products ship worldwide - remember that if you are outside the UK, the price you pay is "EX VAT" as shown on the page, i.e. 20% less than the UK retail price. This is because UK local VAT sales tax does not apply to overseas orders. You may have to pay local import duties and taxes in your location.
Altair Astro and resellers reserve the right to change product specification and price without notice.
Delivery Weight Package