NOTE: Does not include Vixen-style dovetail bar, just a pair of rings. Special offer price - overstock! These guide scope rings are blue however they fit all Altair TMS Vixen and Losmandy plates and Losmandy clamps on top or bottom.
- Each pair of Altair TMS guidescope rings are made from light, yet strong aluminium - rigid enough to hold heavier optical tubes without damage.
- Check out this customer review of the Altair TMS Guide Scope Rings (opens new window).
- Direct bar mounting: The Altair Guide Scope Rings are unique (at least at the time we write this) because they can be mounted on the top or bottom of Altair Losmandy or Vixen bars via two M6 bolts on each ring to stop them twisting like other makes with single bolts.
- All Altair TMS Losmandy plates or Vixen bars have this two-hole pattern and you can adjust the separation of the rings by choosing different holes along the length of the plate. (Click on the picture opposite for variations).
- GSR rings can also be mounted on Altair TMS Small Vixen Clamps or Losmandy Saddle Plates to slide back and forth to achieve the best balance. This is perfect for Altair Astro RCs and Meade and Celestron SCT telescopes with an inverted rail on top. (Click on the picture opposite for variations).
- GSR rings have flattened edges for good contact with the bar or plate they're fastened to and are far more rigid than any other guidescope rings we have seen to date.
- The GSR benefits from easy-grip hard anodised knobs, custom-machined for a positive grip (we tested several iterations).
- The Altair TMS uses durable all stainless steel M8 threads.
- Each thread has a no-scratch end cap to give a more forgiving contact with your optical tube.
- The GSR looks great in hard anodised "Altair Blue" to match the rest of the TMS range.
- No sharp edges or poor machining here. Each part is hand polished before anodising to remove burs and give a smooth finish. What's more, we haven't compromised on quality.
- Altair TMS is made in the UK at our local machine shop on HAAS CNC milling machines, which means we have complete control over quality.