Altair TMS 150mm Guide Scope Rings (Black anodized)
- Each pair of Altair TMS guide-scope rings are machined from a single piece of from light, yet strong aluminium, which makes them rigid enough to hold heavier optical tubes without damage or flex.
Direct bar mounting: The Altair Guide Scope Rings are unique (at least at the time we write this) because they can be mounted on the top (or bottom) of Altair TMS Losmandy or Vixen bars via two M6 bolts on each ring to stop them twisting like other makes with single bolts.
All Altair TMS Losmandy plates or Vixen bars have this two-hole pattern and you can adjust the separation of the rings by choosing different holes along the length of the plate. (Click on the picture opposite for mounting variations).
GSR rings can also be mounted on Altair TMS Small Vixen Clamps or Losmandy Saddle Plates to slide back and forth to achieve the best balance. This is perfect for Altair Astro RCs and Meade and Celestron SCT telescopes with an inverted rail on top. (Click on the picture opposite for variations).
GSR rings have flattened edges for good contact with the bar or plate they're fastened to and are far more rigid than any other guidescope rings we have seen to date.
- The GSR benefits from easy-grip hard anodised knobs, custom-machined for a positive grip (we tested several iterations).
- The Altair TMS uses durable all stainless steel M8 threads for maximum strength yet light weight support.
Each thread has a special polymer no-scratch end cap for firm contact with your optical tube.
- No sharp edges or poor machining here. Each part is hand polished before anodizing to remove burs and give a smooth finish. What's more, we haven't compromised on quality.
TMS is readily available and made in the UK at our local machine shop using the latest CNC milling machines, then hand finished and de-burred before anodizing - so we have complete control over quality.
Many combinations are possible using the Altair Astro TMS mounting system, even inverted mounting (shown here in another colour with 120mm size guide scope rings):
- Harrison Telescopes
- Telescope House
- Tring Astronomy Centre
- Rother Valley Optics
- F1 Telescopes
- Io Astronomy Please note: IO Astronomy voluntarily ceased trading with large unpaid debts affecting the entire UK astronomy industry. You may contact us for problems / issues with Altair or iOptron products ONLY - or try Darkframe Optics / Dave Woods. Unfortunately, we will not be able to support undeclared products bought from the ex-directors after the company ceased trading.
- Astro AS Denmark, Europe
- Robtics Netherlands
- Pierro Astro France
- SkyVision France
- Teleskop Service Ransburg Germany
North America & Canada orders:
- Land Sea & Sky (Takahashi America) USA
- Cloudbreak Optics USA
- Ontario Telescopes Canada/North America
Products can be ordered online from Altair with tracked insured shipping to anywhere in the world. For large items shipping price may need to be re-quoted.
Russia orders: Please contact.