Altair TMS Heavy Duty Universal Dovetail Plate Clamp for iEQ45, G11, EQ6, HEQ5 (Black)
Altair Heavy Duty USP Features:
- Compatible with Losmandy-wide-format dovetail plates, and Vixen-narrow-format doevtail bars. Very precisely machined.
- Safe and easy "tip in" saddle lets you place your telescope quickly and easily from the side, while tightening up the clamps with your other hand. This avoids that awkward struggle in the dark, while you try to hold onto a damp slippery telescope, while carefully lining up a saddle plate which will only slide in from the very end. This design feature is now much-copied and is based on feedback and requests from several customers who have nearly dropped their telescopes!
- Chamfered and rounded edges make it even easier to get a heavy telescope placed securely, before tightening the clamps with your other hand.
- Heavy duty hard anodised star knobs, custom-machined for a positive grip with or without gloves.
- The clamp has machined guides for a positive lock.
- No sharp edges or poor machining.
- The heavy duty spring loaded Stainless Steel M8 threads do not corrode.
- Looks great in hard anodised "Altair Blue" to match the rest of the TMS range.
Readily available, and made locally in the UK at our machine shop on HAAS 4 axis CNC milling machines. That means we have complete control over quality.
The Altair TMS will fit the iOptron iEQ45 directly using the existing hex screws.
The Altair USP bolts directly to the Losmandy G11, replacing the factory saddle plate, a very popular upgrade.
To fit the Altair USP to the Synta Skywatcher EQ6 or Orion USA Atlas mounts, you will need an adapter puck (see the two options below).
Likewise you can fit the USP to the Skywatcher HEQ5 or equivalent Orion Atlas EQ-G - choose the correct adapter puck below.
The Altair USP also has a pair of standard M8 "Takahashi" style holes on the base with 35mm separation, enabling the Universal Saddle Plate to be mounted on the William Optics Easytouch, AYO and numerous other mounts, including Takahashi - with the appropriate Takahashi adapter puck.
- Harrison Telescopes
- Telescope House
- Tring Astronomy Centre
- Rother Valley Optics
- F1 Telescopes
- Io Astronomy Please note: IO Astronomy voluntarily ceased trading with large unpaid debts affecting the entire UK astronomy industry. You may contact us for problems / issues with Altair or iOptron products ONLY - or try Darkframe Optics / Dave Woods. Unfortunately, we will not be able to support undeclared products bought from the ex-directors after the company ceased trading.
- Astro AS Denmark, Europe
- Robtics Netherlands
- Pierro Astro France
- SkyVision France
- Teleskop Service Ransburg Germany
North America & Canada orders:
- Land Sea & Sky (Takahashi America) USA
- Cloudbreak Optics USA
- Ontario Telescopes Canada/North America
Products can be ordered online from Altair with tracked insured shipping to anywhere in the world. For large items shipping price may need to be re-quoted.
Russia orders: Please contact.