Altair TMS Ultra Light 100mm Guide Scope Rings (Black Anodised)
The Altair TMS system uses durable all stainless steel M8 threads - that means they will not corrode, unlike cheaper makes which use low grade blackened steel threads and screws, which eventually go brown with rust. Instead of cheap plastic knobs, Altair the TMS system comes with individually machined knobs which are permanently bonded to the stainless steel threads, terminating in a special no-scratch end cap. This avoids damage to your telescope tube whilst maintaining a rigid connection for auto-guiding or even imaging with a heavy camera.
The hard anodised black colour goes well with any telescope, and is for customers who prefer the understated look compared to our blue range, or the neutral look of our clear silver range. All hardware is intra-compatible (arguably the most intra-compatible on the market) which means you have great flexibility in mounting your telescopes and imaging equipment for best results.
Direct clamp mounting: GSR rings can also be mounted on Altair TMS Small Vixen Clamps or Losmandy Saddle Plates to slide back and forth to achieve the best balance. This is perfect for Altair Astro RCs and Meade and Celestron SCT telescopes with an inverted rail on top. (see picture below)
The GSR benefits from easy-grip hard anodised knobs, custom-machined for a positive grip (we tested several iterations). They are very easy to un-tighten and adjust, even with gloves on.
Each thread has a plastic end cap to give a more forgiving contact with your optical tube without causing movement. This is better than soft rubber end caps, which change compression with temperature and cause movement, often splitting after a year or so of use.
Altair TMS is made in the UK at our local machine shop on HAAS CNC milling machines, which means we have complete control over quality. Each part is hand polished before anodising to remove burs and give a smooth finish. The quality level and material means a slightly higher price than budget rings. Recommended for those who want the best.
An example of how you can attach our guide scope rings to the underside of our clamps is shown below (the blue version has the same hole patterns and compatibility as the Silver version):
If you order these rings We'll include the stainless steel bolts you need to attach them to your existing TMS hardware in the package.
- Tring Astronomy Centre (Hertfordshire, Advanced Stockist)
- Green Witch (Birstal & Cambridge, Advanced Stockist)
- Telescope House (Kent, Advanced Stockist)
- Harrison Telescopes (Stockist)
- Rother Valley Optics (Stockist)
- Wex Photographic (Norwich, Stockist)
- Ian King Imaging (Kent, Stockist)
- Peak 2 Valley Instruments (Derbyshire, Stockist)
- Widescreen Centre (Cambridgeshire, Stockist)
- F1 Telescopes (Kent)
- Grovers (North Yorkshire)
- Io Astronomy Please note: IO Astronomy voluntarily ceased trading with large unpaid debts affecting the entire UK astronomy industry. You may contact us for problems / issues with Altair or iOptron products ONLY - or try Darkframe Optics / Dave Woods. Unfortunately, we will not be able to support undeclared products bought from the ex-directors after the company ceased trading.
- Artesky Italy, Europe
- Astromarket AST Optics Belgium, Europe
- Astro AS Denmark, Europe
- Astro Sweden Belgium, Europe
- Ktech Telescopes Ireland, Europe
- Pierro Astro France, Europe
- SkyVision France, Europe
- Teleskop Service Ransburg Germany, Europe
North America & Canada orders:
Products can be ordered online from Altair with tracked insured shipping to anywhere in the world. For large items shipping price may need to be re-quoted.
Russia orders: Please contact.