The Altair Tri-Pier is a stylish, compact portable pier for imaging or observing on-the-go.
The pier comes with a quickly removable top adaptor with a stainless steel Azimuth stop-post.
A padded carry bag is included for transport.
Tri Pier is compatible with:
Skywatcher EQ3 series mounts
Skywatcher EQ5 series mounts (and Vixen VIXEN GP Style mounts with that base),
Skywatcher HEQ5 series mounts incl. AZEQ5GT
SkyWatcher EQM-35 PRO
Altair SABRE Mounts
The pier top mount adaptor can be kept attached to the mount for quicker setup, and stowed in a padded mount carry bag (available separately). To remove the pier top adapter, simply loosen the 3 knobs, rotate and lift it clear. Reverse the above to replace it seconds.
The adjustable pier feet terminate in stainless steel conical pads, with ball swivel joint to ensure even surface contact. The pier feet fold inwards for compactness, and when the locking ring is loosened, rotate outwards and lock in position for quick setup.
A custom padded transport bag is included.
- Folded 0.90m length (900mm).
- Height when opened 1 metre (1000mm) .
- Weight 8.9kgs.
- Legs can be adjusted +- 50mm (5cm) for levelling, and locked into position.
- T6061 aluminium with stainless steel fixings for strength and lightness.
- FREE Nylon Padded carry bag included.
- Additional pier top adaptors are in development, for various mounts.
Delivery Weight Package