Altair v2 Laser collimator for Newtonians & Dobsonians
We recommend you purchase the Altair 2" to 1.25" Self-Centering Adapter (code AA-SCA-2-125) with this item. Normal pushfit accessories have clamps, which slightly alter the centration of the collimator and eyepiece each time you use them, because they create uneven pressure on one side of the eyepiece or accessories when tightened using the thumbscrews. By using the Altair Self Centering Adapter, your optical system remains centered after collimation, giving repeatable performance with 1.25" eyepieces of cameras such as webcams. Because it clamps evenly around the outside of the eyepiece using a compression ring system your 1.25" eyepieces (or CCD camera / webcam nosepieces) remain concentric to the collimator even when you swap them. Ideally, we recommend leaving the Self Centering Adapter in the telescope, for maximum repeatability.
- Harrison Telescopes
- Telescope House
- Tring Astronomy Centre
- Rother Valley Optics
- F1 Telescopes
- Io Astronomy Please note: IO Astronomy voluntarily ceased trading with large unpaid debts affecting the entire UK astronomy industry. You may contact us for problems / issues with Altair or iOptron products ONLY - or try Darkframe Optics / Dave Woods. Unfortunately, we will not be able to support undeclared products bought from the ex-directors after the company ceased trading.
- Astro AS Denmark, Europe
- Robtics Netherlands
- Pierro Astro France
- SkyVision France
- Teleskop Service Ransburg Germany
North America & Canada orders:
- Land Sea & Sky (Takahashi America) North America
- Cloudbreak Optics North America
- Ontario Telescopes North America
Products can be ordered online from Altair with tracked insured shipping to anywhere in the world. For large items shipping price may need to be re-quoted.
Russia orders: Please contact.