Baader Solar Continuum Filter 2" (540nm)
- Baader 2" Solar Continuum Filter, 10nm / CWL 540nm
- A must for owners of achromatic refractors. This filter cuts the spectral range transmitting a specific spectral range around 540nm, completely cutting out blue and red wavelengths in an area of the lens system that where the optics are at their sharpest.
- Enhances contrast and reduces the effect of atmospheric turbulence.
- This filter must be used in conjunction with a Baader Herschel Wedge or Baader AstroSolar Safety Film for solar observations otherwise eye or equipment damage may occur.
- Planeoptically polished, non-ageing sealed coating edges.
Baader Narrowband Filers in sizes 1¼", 2", 50.4mm and 50x50mm
Double Stacked Solar Continuum Filter - For Visual and Photographic Observations of the Sun
Ensures highest contrast in the photosphere of the sun. The filter works as a monochrometer - suppressing the effects of the atmospheric turbulence and results in images that are significantly sharper. Owners of SCTs and refractors will benefit as red and blue wavelengths are completely excluded, with the transmission area peaking at 535nm where telescope optics are sharpest and free from chromatic aberrations.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR SOLAR OBSERVING
The Solar Continuum Filter may be used for purely VISUAL observation ONLY in conjunction with the Baader Herschel Prism or with the Baader AstroSolar Safety Film (ND 5.0).
The combination of AstroSolar Photo Film (ND 3.8) and Solar Continuum filter is used exclusively for photography of the sun at high magnifications. This combination is highly apt to capture the finest solar surface detail and granulation at extremely high magnification while enabling ultra-short exposure (measured in milliseconds) in order to freeze atmospheric turbulence.
MANUFACTURER Baader Planetarium SKU (#) 2458391 EAN CODE 4047825009388 WEIGHT (NETTO) 0.066 TRANSMISSION RANGE 535 545 nm FILTER THICKNESS (WITHOUT CELL) 2 mm HBW (HALFBANDWIDTH) 10nm CWL (CENTRAL WAVELENGTH) 540 nm AR-COATING dielectrically coated, planeoptically polished FILTER SIZE 2 inch FILTER USAGE Contrast Enhancement, Solar FILTER MOUNTED Mounted (LPFC 6mm) TYPE OF FILTER Narrowband SINGLE OR SET? Single Filter FILTER SHAPE round
Delivery Weight Package