Discover our Solar System with the Celestron PowerSeeker 60EQ! You’ll be ready to observe in minutes thanks to the quick and easy no-tool setup. The 60EQ provides bright, clear images of the Moon, planets, star clusters, and more for great nighttime viewing.
Manual German Equatorial telescope
The PowerSeeker mount comes with two slow motion control knobs that allow you to make fine pointing adjustments to the telescope in both Right Ascension and Declination axes, also referred to as RA and DEC.
Accessories include a 20mm and 4mm eyepiece, a finderscope, and a 3x Barlow lens. The two eyepieces offer different magnifications for low and high powered views. The 3x Barlow lens triples the magnifying power of each eyepiece.
Starry Night Software
Download Celestron’s Starry Night Software and learn about the night sky, celestial objects, and how to plan your next observing session. Celestron Starry Night Software is the premier astronomy software package on the market, providing resources and knowledge to view our solar system and beyond.
OPTICAL TUBE INFO:
- Optical Design Refractor
- Aperture 60mm (2.36")
- Focal Length 900mm (35")
- Focal Ratio 15
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 20mm (0.79")
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1 45x
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2 4mm (0.16")
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2 225x
- Finderscope 5x24
- Star Diagonal 1.25" Erect Image Diagonal
- Highest Useful Magnification 142x
- Lowest Useful Magnification 8.57x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude 11.4
- Resolution (Rayleigh) 2.32 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes) 1.93 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye) 73x
- Optical Coatings Fully-Coated
- Optical Tube Length 914mm (36")
- Barlow Lens 3x
- Mount Type Manual German Equatorial
- Accessory Tray Yes
- Tripod Aluminum
- Total Telescope Kit Weight 10 lbs (4.54 kg)
- Software Starry Night Basic Edition, SkyPortal App