Discover our Solar System with the Celestron PowerSeeker 80EQ! You’ll be ready to observe in minutes thanks to the quick and easy no-tool setup. The 80EQ provides bright, clear images of the Moon, planets, star clusters, and more for great nighttime viewing.
Manual German Equatorial telescope
The PowerSeeker mount comes with two slow motion control knobs that allow you to make fine pointing adjustments to the telescope in both Right Ascension and Declination axes, also referred to as RA and DEC.
Accessories include a 20mm and 4mm eyepiece, an erect image diagonal, a finderscope, and a 3x Barlow lens. The two eyepieces offer different magnifications for low and high powered views. The 3x Barlow lens triples the magnifying power of each eyepiece.
Starry Night Software
Download Celestron’s Starry Night Software and learn about the night sky, celestial objects, and how to plan your next observing session. Celestron Starry Night Software is the premier astronomy software package on the market, providing resources and knowledge to view our solar system and beyond.
OPTICAL TUBE INFO:
- Optical Design Refractor
- Aperture 80mm (3.15")
- Focal Length 900mm (35")
- Focal Ratio f/11
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 20mm (0.79")
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1 45x
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2 4mm (0.16")
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2 225x
- Barlow Lens 3x
- Finderscope 5x24
- Star Diagonal 1.25" Erect Image Diagonal
- Mount Type German Equatorial
- Accessory Tray No-Tool Tray with Eyepiece holder
- Tripod Aluminum
- Highest Useful Magnification 189x
- Lowest Useful Magnification 11x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude 12
- Resolution (Rayleigh) 1.74 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes) 1.45 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye) 131x
- Apparent Field of View 1.2°
- Linear Field of View (@1000 yds) 61 ft (19 m)
- Optical Coatings Multi-Coated
- Optical Tube Length 965mm (38")
- Total Telescope Kit Weight 19 lbs (8.62 kg)
- Software Starry Night Basic Edition