An Ultimate Powerbox v2 and Pocket Powerbox Advance expansion accessory
The external motor controller (XMC) was designed to expand the focus capabilities of the Ultimate Powerbox v2 (supports a 2nd focus controller) and adds focus functionality to the Pocket Powerbox Advance. The device does not require a USB cable and can be attached directly to the EXT port of the Powerboxes. It can drive a large bipolar or unipolar stepper motor (up to 2Amps per coil) with high precision.
Controller support micro-stepping which can be configured via software to Full, Half, 1/4 step and 1/8 step. This provides additional precision and a smooth rotation from the stepper motor.
We have successfully tested and controlled the following stepper motors:
|Pegasus Motor Focus (v1 & v2)||Straight RJ45 Network Cable|
|Starlight HSM 25 / 30 / 35||PEG-CMOT-HSM|
|Starlight MSM 25 / 30 / 35||PEG-CMOT-MSM|
|Rigel nStep Motors||PEG-CMOT-MSM|
|Moonlite Stepper Motor||PEG-CMOT-RJ45DB9|
|Robofocus Stepper Motor||PEG-CMOT-RJ45DB9|
|Lakeside Stepper Motor||PEG-CMOT-RJ45DB9|
Please note that each motor requires its own cable due to different pin-out selection of each manufacturer. * We optionally provide any of these cables. Check cable type SKU at below table.
No USB port is required
You do not have to occupy a USB port as the controller does not require a USB connectivity. Just plug the RJ12 port into the EXT port and the controller will be recognized from the powerbox software. Simple as that!
Second EXT port available
A second EXT port allows you to daisy chain future equipment or connect your environmental sensor.
The controller is fully protected against undervoltage, overcurrent, and overtemperature events.
What is inside the box
- 1 x eXternal Motor Controller
- 1 x RJ12 to RJ12 EXT cable (60cm)
- 1 x 2.1mm to 2.1mm DC cable (1m)
- 1 x RJ45 to RJ45 Motor cable (1m)
- Supply Voltage: 12V DC Preferred. Accepts 8.2-V to 24V depends of the motor
- Drive Current: 2 Amps per motor coil
- Motor Compatibility: Unipolar and Bipolar Stepper Motors
- Motor Output: RJ45 Socket
- Connectivity: RJ12 Socket (Straight RJ12 to RJ12 cable) up to meters
- Power Input: Connector 2.1mm Centre Positive Socket
- Dimensions: 66mm x 66mm x 28 mm