iOptron CEM25-EC Astro Photography Mount with Encoders & 2" Tripod Hard Case
Availablity: Pre-Order approx. 5-14 Days depending on order cycle.
A Mount with PE Less Than 0.3 arcsec rms under £3000 - The New CEM25EC!
Center-balanced Equatorial Mount, a mount whisper quiet and light weight! The mount uses up to 60% less GOTO power consumption than other mounts in category.
With high precision optical encoder system and advanced control technology, the CEM25EC will track a star at a periodic error less than 0.3 arc second, the only mount under $2000!
The "Z" design mount puts the weight of the payload at the center of gravity allowing for greater natural stability. Given its payload capacity, this means the "Z" designed mount is unusually light. A nice benefit when setting up at a remote site. Other features include an adjustable counterweight bar to prevent obstruction with the tripod. And polar aligning is quick and accessible all the time since the polar scope is not blocked by the declination shaft.
The CEM25 is equipped with the latest advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO technology, making it one of the most powerful and accurate GOTO mounts available. Its database includes over 150,000+ objects. The Go2Nova® Hand Controller is intuitive to use and its large 4-line LCD screen simplifies the process of setting telescopes and locating objects.
The mount comes standard with 2" heavy duty stainless steel tripod and a hard carrying case.
- A new design Center-Balanced equatorial mount for maximum payload and minimum mount weight
- Specialized astrophotography mount ideal for entry-level and intermediate Astro-photographers
- High precision optical encoder system and advance control technology for accurate tracking
- PE<0.3 arc second RMS
- Payload of 27 lbs (12.3 kg) with the mount-only weight of 10.4 lbs (4.7 kg)
- Spring loaded gear system with customer adjustable loading force
- Gear switches on both R.A. and DEC axes for easy balancing when disengaged
- Adjustable counterweight shaft for 0º latitude operation
- Stepper motor with low power consumption
- New electronics and control adapted from CEM60
- iOptron AccuAlignTM calibrated polar scope with dark-field illumination and easy polar alignment procedure, allowing for fast and accurate polar alignment
- Polar alignment routine for those who can’t see the Pole Star
- Go2Nova® 8408 controller with Advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO Technology
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- Built-in 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Serial port for firmware upgrade and computer control
- Spring loaded Vixen-style saddle
- Standard 2 inch heavy-duty stainless steel tripod (8kg)
- Die-cast metal tripod spreader with accessory tray
- Hard case included
- Optional PowerWeightTM rechargeable battery pack
- Optional StarFi WiFi adaper for full function control via SmartPhone/Tablet/Computer,
Mount: Center-Balanced Equatorial Mount
Payload: 27 lb (12.3kg), exclude counterweight
Mount weight: 10.4 lb (4.7kg)
Payload/Mount weight: 2.60
Right Ascension worm wheel: Φ88mm, 144 teeth aluminum
Declination worm wheel: Φ88mm, 144 teeth aluminum
Right Ascension axis shaft: Φ35mm steel
Declination axis shaft: Φ35mm steel
Right Ascension bearing: Φ55mm ball bearing
Declination bearing: Φ55mm ball bearing
Worm gears: Brass
Motor drive: 1.8 º stepper motor, 128X microdivision
Resolution: 0.14 arc seconds
Transmission: Synchronous belt
Latitude adjustment range: 0º ~ 60º
Azimuth adjustment range: ± 10º
GPS: Internal 32-channel GPS
Polar Scope: AccuAlignTM dark field illuminated
Level indicator: Level bubble
Hand Controller: Go2Nova® 8408with 150,000+ objects database
PEC: Real Time PEC
Periodic Error: <0.3 arcsec RMS
Counterweight shaft: Φ20mm
Counterweight: 10.4 lb (4.7kg)
Tripod: 2" Stainless Steel(8kg)
Dovetail saddle: Spring loaded Vixen-style
Power consumption: 0.35A(Tracking),0.6A(GOTO)
Power requirement: 12V DC(9 ~ 15V), 1.5Amp
AC adapter: 100V ~ 240V USA Socket 2-in You will need a USA to UK plug converter (not included).
Serial port: Yes (on hand controller)
Autoguide port: Yes
Firmware upgrade: Yes
PC computer control: Yes (ASCOM)
Operation temperature: -10ºC ~ 40ºC
Warranty: Two year limited return-to-base warranty.
Do not be concerned if the box appears to have been opened. All mounts are removed from their boxes, and checked. We then apply a unique one-off, anti-tamper serial number to every product supported under our warranty. An image of the serial number is shown below. Legitimate iOptron products purchased from Offical EU Distributor Altair Astro UK and our official European partners all have this unique serial number either on the mount as shown, or inside the battery compartment. This entitles you to two years of warranty support from date of purchase, provided you can produce the original sales invoice with that serial number on it and the serial number on the product isn't showing signs of tampering.
To find out more about astro photography with the iEQ30 as well as other products such as the Skytracker, iEQ45, Smart EQ and ZEQ range of mounts, we suggest joining the existing iOptron Imaging Yahoo User Group: Click to join the iOptron Imaging Mount User Group
Incl. VAT 20.00 % ( £3.00 )
Incl. VAT 20.00 % ( £20.17 )
Incl. VAT 20.00 % ( £283.17 )
Incl. VAT 20.00 % ( £246.50 )
There have been no reviews for this product.