An extraordinary innovation in mount design. It has high precision encoders in both axes with real-time PEC giving tracking accuracy of up to 0.15 arc seconds RMS.
Recognizing the growing demand for an accurate and stable, equatorial mount with the versatility to carry larger instruments and more complex imaging arrays, we created the iOptron CEM120EC. It offers the benefits of our revolutionary center balance design: stability, accuracy, and smooth mechanical operation, while capable of carrying a payload up to 115 lbs (52 kg). The center balance designs natural stability is due to its focusing the mount along with payloads weight directly over the center of the pier or tripod.
The CEM120EC's performance is demonstrated by its low periodic tracking error of <0.15 arcsec RMS. Along with the stability aspect, the CEM120EC features an advanced cable management system consisting of more ports in more locations preventing tangle ups and reducing the chance of fractured cables. It also adds some new features to the CEM family like Wi-Fi and LAN for remote operation and easy to use, reliable clutches on both axes.
- A new design, center-balanced equatorial mount (CEM) for maximum payload with natural stability
- Observatory astrophotography mount ideal for both visual and Astro-photographers
- Payload of 115 lbs (52 kg) with the mount weight of 57 lbs (26 kg)
- Easy to use and reliable gear clutches
- Adjustable counterweight shaft for 0º latitude operation
- Precision altitude and azimuth adjustment.
- Precision stepper motor with 0.07 arcsec accuracy for precise GOTO and accurate tracking
- Polar alignment routine for those who can't see the Pole Star
- Go2Nova® 8407 V2 controller with Advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO Technology with built in heater
- High precision tracking with low periodic error (PE)<0.15 arcsec RMS
- Real time periodic error correction (RPEC)
- Built-in 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Built-in WiFi and LAN for remote operation
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- Advanced cable management system with more choices
- Spring loaded, individual adjustable Losmandy saddle
- CEM120EC mount head x1
- Go2Nova 8407 V2 hand controller x1
- 10 kg counterweight x2
- Counterweight shaft x1
- Hand controller cable x1
- Serial cable (#8412) x1
Center-balanced Equatorial Mount (CEM)
52kg (115 lbs), exclude counterweight*
26kg (57 lbs)
Payload/Mount weight ratio
Latitude adjustment range
0°~ 68° (0.5 arcmin division)
Azimuth adjustment range
± 5° (3 arcmin division)
Tracking accuracy (PE)
< 0.15 arcsec RMS
Real time PEC (RPEC)
Right Ascension worm wheel
216mm, 360 teeth, zero backlash
Declination worm wheel
216mm, 360 teeth, zero backlash
Right Ascension axle
Right Ascension bearings
38.1x 540 mm (SS, anti-slip, 4.5kg)
10 kg (22 lbs)
Mount base size
210 x 230 mm
Precision stepper motor w/128 micro-step
0.07 arc seconds
4°/sec (960x) max.
Go2Nova® 8407 V2, 8 line 21 character LCD
DC 12V, 5A
Optional electronic polar scope
Stop (0-14° pass), auto flip
Automatic zero search
Horizontal, vertical, current, alt/azi input
Losmandy D, 17.2" (437mm)
RS232, USB, LAN, WiFi
2xDC12V (1A), DC5V(1A), 2xDC (5A), ST4, 6P6C, 4xUSB2.0, USB3.0 (powered), USB for PS, AUX
Two year limited
* These are only guidelines. Some telescopes are very long or very big for their weight and may require a larger mount. Remember also that imaging requirements are more rigid than visual observation.
Lead-time: Approx. 5-14 Days depending on order cycle.
iOptron & Altair Astro reserve the right to change product design, specification and price without notice.
Delivery Weight Package