The CEM25P has all the features for portable imaging and a guaranteed low periodic error of ~+/- 10 Arc seconds or less. The improved tracking accuracy is a product of using special select R.A. gears manufactured with tighter tolerances.
Now shipped with 12v 5A Mains Power Adapter and a UK style plug.
It also features improved larger gear switches on both axes making access and adjustment easier especially with light gloves on.
The Center-balanced Equatorial Mount design is whisper-quiet and light weight! The mount uses up to 60% less GOTO power consumption than other mounts in category.
The "Z" design mount puts the weight of the payload at the center of gravity allowing for greater natural stability and the use of two bearings to improve tracking accuracy. Given its payload capacity, this means the "Z" designed mount is unusually light. A great benefit when setting up at a remote site. Other features include an adjustable counterweight bar to prevent obstruction with the tripod. What's more, polar aligning is quick and accessible all the time, since the polar scope is not blocked by the declination shaft.
The CEM25P is equipped with the latest advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO technology, making it one of the most powerful and accurate GOTO mounts available. Its database includes over 59,000 objects. The Go2Nova® Hand Controller is intuitive to use and its large 4-line LCD screen simplifies the process of setting telescopes and locating objects.
- A new design Center-Balanced equatorial mount for maximum payload and minimum mount weight
- Specialized astrophotography mount ideal for entry-level and intermediate Astro-photographers
- Payload of 27 lbs (12.3 kg) with the mount-only weight of 10.4 lbs (4.7 kg)
- Spring loaded gear system with customer adjustable loading force
- Gear switches on both R.A. and DEC axes for easy balancing when disengaged
- Adjustable counterweight shaft for 0º latitude operation
- Stepper motor with low power consumption
- New electronics and control adapter from CEM60
- iOptron AccuAlignTM calibrated polar scope with dark-field illumination and easy polar alignment procedure, allowing for fast and accurate polar alignment
- Polar alignment routine for those who cant see the Pole Star
- Go2Nova® 8408 controller with Advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO Technology
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- Built-in 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Serial port for firmware upgrade and computer control
- Spring loaded Vixen-style saddle
- 1.5" inch heavy-duty stainless steel tripod (7kg)
- Die-cast metal tripod spreader with accessory tray
- Optional rechargeable battery pack
- Optional StarFi WiFi adaper for full function control via SmartPhone/Tablet/Computer
- Mount: Center-Balanced Equatorial Mount
- Payload: 27 lb (12.3kg), exclude counterweight
- Mount weight: 10.4 lb (4.7kg)
- Payload/Mount weight: 2.60
- Right Ascension worm wheel: 88mm, 144 teeth aluminum
- Declination worm wheel: 88mm, 144 teeth aluminum
- Right Ascension axis shaft: 35mm steel
- Declination axis shaft: 35mm steel
- Right Ascension bearing: 55mm ball bearing
- Declination bearing: 55mm ball bearing
- Worm gears: Brass
- Motor drive: 1.8 º stepper motor, 128X microdivision
- Resolution: 0.14 arc seconds
- Transmission: Synchronous belt
- Latitude adjustment range: 0º ~ 60º
- Azimuth adjustment range: ± 10º
- GPS: Internal 32-channel GPS
- Polar Scope: AccuAlignTM dark field illuminated
- Level indicator: Level bubble
- Hand Controller: Go2Nova® 8408 with 150,000+ objects database
- PEC: Yes
- Tracking: Automatic
- Tracking Speeds: 1×,2×,8×,16×,64×,128×,256×,512×,MAX1440X)
- Counterweight shaft: 20mm
- Counterweight: 10.4 lb (4.7kg)
- Tripod: 1.5" Stainless Steel(8kg)
- Dovetail saddle: Spring loaded Vixen-style
- Power consumption: 0.35A(Tracking), 0.6A(GOTO)
- Power requirement: 12V DC(9 ~ 15V), 1.5Amp
- A 12V DC power cord with Car-Lighter socket is included for you to use with your 12v battery pack or 12v UK power adapter.
- Serial port: Yes (on hand controller)
- Autoguide port: Yes
- Firmware upgrade: Yes
- PC computer control: Yes (ASCOM)
- Operation temperature: -10ºC ~ 40ºC
- Warranty: Two year limited
Quick Start Guide
Instruction Manual Please pay attention to the operation differences between the ZEQ25 and CEM25P mount, especially the Zero Position and Tension Adjuster.
Download Latest Firmware
iOptron Telescope ASCOM Driver:
Install ASCOM Driver and Commander 4.0
Download the iOptron CEM25P Mount Intruction Manual here! (PDF format, opens new window)
Do not be concerned if the box appears to have been opened. All mounts are removed from their boxes, and checked. We then apply a unique one-off, anti-tamper serial number to every product supported under our warranty. An image of the serial number is shown below. Legitimate iOptron products purchased from Offical EU Distributor Altair Astro UK and our official European partners all have this unique serial number either on the mount as shown, or inside the battery compartment. This entitles you to two years of warranty support from date of purchase, provided you can produce the original sales invoice with that serial number on it and the serial number on the product isn't showing signs of tampering.
To find out more about astro photography with the iEQ30 as well as other products such as the Skytracker, iEQ45, Smart EQ and ZEQ range of mounts, we suggest joining the existing iOptron Imaging Yahoo User Group: Click to join the iOptron Imaging Mount User Group
Availablity: Standard 1.5" and 2" tripod are in stock limited quantities
iOptron & Altair Astro reserve the right to change product design, specification and price without notice.