iOptron GEM28 German Equatorial GoTo Mount
Introducing iOptron's new compact next-generation German equatorial mounts the GEM28 and GEM28EC. Like their predecessors the GEM28 is designed with portability in mind, weighing in at only 10 lbs it can support up to a 281b payload an incredible 2.8 mount weight to payload ratio. We achieved this using design methods developed to reduce mount mass on our CEM family of mounts. The German EQ versions were created to satisfy consumers that prefer a more traditional mount and or those whom need a mount that functions at higher latitudes (Over 600 ).
Building on the legacy of earlier GEM models we have added features for convenience and functionality.
A positive lock gear engagement system (easy to use even when wearing gloves), Built-in Wi-Fi enabling unparalleled connectivity, and recordable permanent periodic error correction (PPEC) to repeat optimal PEC training sessions (real time PEC on the GEM28EC) Regarding functionality the GEM28 andGEM28EC deliver precise pointing and accurate tracking (PE <0.3 arcsec RMS on the EC model).
An on-board 212,000 object library ensures youll never run out of targets to see or image.
The GEM28 and GEM28EC set the new standard for compact German equatorial mounts.
- Compact German Equatorial Mount
- Payload of 28 lbs (12.7 kg) with the mount-only weight of 10 lbs (4.5 kg)
- Precise stepper motors with low power consumption
- Low periodic error (< ± 10 arc seconds)
- Permanent Period Error Correction (PPEC)
- Ideal for entry-level and intermediate astrophotography
- Large easy to use quick-lock gear clutches on R.A. and DEC axes
- Adjustable counterweight shaft for 0º latitude operation
- iPolar electronic polar finder (visual polarscope also available)
- Go2Nova® 8409 with 212,000 object database & star identification
- Integrated WiFi for full function control via SmartPhone/Tablet/Computer
- ST-4 autoguiding port
- USB port
- Built-in 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Serial port for firmware upgrade and computer control
- Spring loaded Vixen-style saddle
- Available with 1.5 inch stainless steel tripod or 1.75" LiteRoc tripod
- Die-cast metal tripod spreader with accessory tray
Delivery Weight Package