iOptron iPolar Electronic Polarscope for Sky-Watcher NEQ6 / AZEQ6 / EQ6-R & Celestron CGEM Mounts
Includes adapter for Sky-Watcher NEQ6 / AZEQ6 / EQ6-R & Celestron CGEM Mounts.
The new iOptron iPolar electronic polarscope is a quick, easy way to accurately polar align your mount, even when you cannot see the pole star!
Accurate polar alignment has never been so simple, just put the 'X' on the 'Spot'! Well the 'X' does look more like a '+' and the 'Spot' isn't there but instead a representation of the celestial pole's location. Using the iPolar's graphical interface, the two overlaid symbols represent a precise polar alignment ensuring peak performance from your equatorial mount.
The iPolar utilises an electronic camera aligned with both the axes of your telescope mount. The software processes the camera images calculating the true pole's location, then guides you through adjustments needed to align your mount to the celestial pole. Gone will be the days of crouching behind a 'through the mount' polar scope, the iPolar facilitates making altitude and azimuth adjustments by just glancing at your laptops monitor. This system needs as few as four stars to locate the pole, and can do so even when the pole location itself is blocked by clouds, tree branches or other obstructions.
iPolar electronic polarscopes are available for most iOptron and other brand equatorial mounts.
- Fast and easy to use
- High precision (30 arcsec)
- No need to see the Pole Star
- No need to rotate the mount during alignment
- Unique imaging enhancement technique
- Smart plate solving
- On screen instruction during alignment
- Works even under poor sky conditions
- Compatible with most equatorial mount with a proper adapter
- The iPolar software needs Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 or later version, 32 bit or 64 bit operation system, with .NET Framework 4.6 or later version.
Downloads / Manuals
Software and Driver:
Delivery Weight Package