Ioptron Mount REPAIR SERVICE
- We can repair your out-of-warranty, or damaged mount.
- We can perform mechanical upgrades such as worm gear, drive train, motors and boards to update your older mount to a latter version.
What do you need to send us?
- We require the mount to be sent to us for an assessment and a quote at your cost.
- There is no need to include power supply or counterweights or counterweight shaft, nor tripod, just the mount head and handset.
- The mount will be inspected on arrival and we will then quote you for repair and parts as needed, as well as mechanical updates you require.
What does delivery cost for returning the mount? It depends on your location, and we will include this cost in the quote. We are able to ship by fully insured courier to any country in the world. Typical prices are: £17.50 for most Zone 1 & 2 European countries, £25 for further. £6 UK mainland.
- Our repair and upgrade service includes a one year return-to-base warranty if there are issues with the repair. This applies to normal use and wear and tear of the product. It does not cover any non-standard modifications made by the customer.
- Like our standard warranty, our guarantee does not include issues caused by the customer upgrading the firmware incorrectly, though in any case, these can easily be solved by advice.
- This service is not to be confused with the standard warranty repair, which applies to all mounts with serial numbers indicating they were distributed by Altair Astro, which is free.
- Grey market product policy: Preferential rates will always be given for mounts with serial numbers which prove they were distributed by Altair Astro into the Euro Zone or UK, but we can still provide service and upgrades on grey market products.
- This service is offered at our discretion.
Author: Peter Cole
Just to say this service is brilliant.
Altair has worked wonders finding an irregular fault on my Minitower.
Ian e-mailed me with a run down of what he found which is as follows:
The issues I found were as follows:
1. On opening I noticed the GPS was not connecting so I've re-connected that.
2. Removed both motors and tested these and found them to be working correctly.
3. Re flashed the motherboard but problem persisted.
4. Found the problem to be in fact the hand controller itself so have replaced this and the mount is now working fine.
5. I have also ungraded the black Teflon washer which was causing the mount to stick on lock up and replaced with the newer brass washer.
I won't say what the price was for my service and repair as each service or repair will be different. Suffice to say I was very very happily surprised with the price.
Yet again Altair Astro have come through with flying colours.