Lightwave refractor Red Dot Finder (RDF) bracket & stalk
This Red Dot Finder (RDF) comes with a stalk and quick relase bracket to fit the Altair Lightwave 60mm and 80mm telescopes. It can be added to either side of the focuser by removing the small black plastic blanking screw and attaching the quick release base using the special screw provided. Everything you need is included to attach the finder scope bracket to the focuser.
Tips for mounting finders and auto guiding at the same time: If you prefer to use a visual finder for aiming, and an autoguider at the same time for photography, you can simply attach the Red Dot Finder (product code # LW-RDF-SET) to one side of the focuser, and your Altair 60mm Miniguider optical tube to the other side using the "Lightwave refractor finder scope bracket & rings" (product code # LW-OPTICAL-FINDER-BRACKET). The focuser has a mounting point on each side at about 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock respectively allowing two units to be mounted simultaneously. The Altair 60mm Miniguider / Finder bracket and base do not fit the Lightwave refractor focusers, therefore you need to buy the Lightwave-compatible bracket and base separately, or use your Miniguider in a pair of additional guide scope rings alongside your imaging telescope.
- 1x Red Dot Finder.
- 1x Raised finder stalk to clear the tube rings and dewshield.
- 1x Special quick release base for the finder stalk. (Simply remove the finder and stalk as one unit by loosening the side-screw).
- 1x special screw to fit the quick release base to the Lightwave focuser. (Remove the black plastic grub screws near the front of the focuser at 9 or 6 o'clock and attach the quick release base to either threaded hole. The bracket can be left on the scope in it's case.)
- Finder & telescope shown in pictures are not included. (The image is for illustration purposes to show attachment to the focuser.)
- Tring Astronomy Centre (Hertfordshire, Advanced Stockist)
- Green Witch (Birstal & Cambridge, Advanced Stockist)
- Telescope House (Kent, Advanced Stockist)
- Harrison Telescopes (Stockist)
- Rother Valley Optics (Stockist)
- Wex Photographic (Norwich, Stockist)
- Ian King Imaging (Kent, Stockist)
- Peak 2 Valley Instruments (Derbyshire, Stockist)
- Widescreen Centre (Cambridgeshire, Stockist)
- F1 Telescopes (Kent)
- Grovers (North Yorkshire)
- Io Astronomy Please note: IO Astronomy voluntarily ceased trading with large unpaid debts affecting the entire UK astronomy industry. You may contact us for problems / issues with Altair or iOptron products ONLY - or try Darkframe Optics / Dave Woods. Unfortunately, we will not be able to support undeclared products bought from the ex-directors after the company ceased trading.
European orders - order on this page or contact our European dealers:
North America & Canada orders:
Products can be ordered online from Altair with tracked insured shipping to anywhere in the world. For large items shipping price may need to be re-quoted.
Availability: If product shows as out of stock, please click on the "Notify me when in stock" button to receive instant notification of availability. Altair Astro and iOptron reserve the right to change the product price and specification without notice.