Lodestar X2 Auto Guiding Camera with ICX829AL sensor
The Lodestar X2 is the latest and most sensitive compact guide camera from Starlight Xpress - the successor to the standard Lodestar.
It offers twice the sensitivity of the original Lodestar (hence X2 designation) making guide stars even easier to find. Autoguider output socket has been changed to an RJ12 connector. The Lodestar X2 is based on the new ICX829AL CCD from Sony with an impressive 77% Quantum Efficiency rating, and large pixels making it an extremely sensitive guide camera.
Get in touch for a competitive quote on Altair Miniguider, guidescope rings and hardware systems to go with your Lodestar camera.
Lodestar X2 Key Features:
- Outer housing is 1¼” in diameter, which allows it to drop neatly into your 1¼” eyepiece holder - no additional adaptors required.
- Large Imaging Area (6.45mm x 4.75mm) giving you a wide field of view to find a suitable guide star.
- Sensitivity - with an impressive 77% QE, and large pixels, the Lodestar X2 just sucks up those photons. Sensitivity is key, but combined with the incredibly low noise of the Lodestar X2, finding a guide star has just become even easier.
- ‘Full size RJ12’ Autoguider Port - No need to run extra cables from your computer to control your mount corrections.
- Powered by your computer USB port so no need for an extra power supply.
- Compact and solid aluminium contruction
Lodestar X2 Technical Specs:
- CCD type: ICX829AL Sony Exview interline CCD with very low dark current and vertical anti-blooming.
- CCD Full resolution Pixel data: Pixel size: 8.2uM x 8.4uM, Image format: 752 x 580 pixels
- CCD Image area: 6.4mm (Horizontal) x 4.75mm (Vertical).
- CCD quality: Grade 1
- Spectral Response: QE max at 620nM (~77%), 45% at 400nM and 770nM.
- Readout Noise: Less than 10 electrons RMS - typically only 6 electrons.
- Full-well capacity: Greater than 50,000 e- (unbinned)
- Anti-blooming: Overload margin greater than 1000x.
- Dark current: Dark frame saturation time greater than 1 hour. Less than 0.1 electrons/second @ + 10C ambient.
- Data format: 16 bits.
- System gain: 0.4 electrons per ADU
- Computer Interface: Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface.
- Image download time: Typically 0.2 seconds at full resolution using USB 2.0.
- Power requirements: USB powered.
- Cooling system: Ambient air cooling.
DewZapper Dew Heater for 7-8" Telescope - Celestron Nexstar 8, Evolution, Meade 8, Skywatcher 180 Mak (87cm length, 20W)
Incl. VAT 20.00 % ( £5.00 )
Lunt 152mm H-alpha Telescope, B3400 blocking filter Feather Touch focuser, Pressure Tuner LUNT LS152THa/B3400
There have been no reviews for this product.