LUNT LS1.25HW 31.7mm (1.25'') Herschel Wedge
Enjoy excellent resolution of the Solar surface in complete safety with this Lunt Herschel Wedge
- Solar observation in White-Light for perfectionists
- For refracting telescopes up to 102mm aperture
- Shows sunspots and granulation at best contrast
- In 90° angle housing like a Star Diagonal
- Necessary ND3.0 filter is already factory installed
- No escaping stray light due to integrated light trap
- Absolutely safe, no danger for the eyes
This Herschel wedge is designed for superior White-Light solar observing and imaging. It can be used with refracting telescopes up to 102mm aperture, with 1.25'' focuser. This complete system comes with installed ND3.0 filter.
Herschel Wedges are used to observe the sun in White Light. Around 95% of the Sun's light is suppressed by the wedge's ceramic prism. The remaining sun light is dimmed further by a factory-installed ND3.0 grey filter. Lunt Solar Systems Herschel wedges are installed in a fully closed housing with integrated heat trap. No stray light can escape from this, therefore it is very safe method of observing our nearest star.
The difference between Herschel-wedges and normal front mounted filters is that the filtering takes place just before the eyepiece or camera. This provides better contrast and sharpness of the solar image - with more surface detail visible as a result. Furthermore, a Herschel wedge is inherently safer than at a front mounted filter. A Herschel wedge can not rip or become punctured like a foil filter can be and it cannot become detached from the telescope objective accidentally.
Only for use with refractor telescopes up to 102mm aperture:
Because the full energy and heat of the sun inside the telescope, we advise solely using refractors for Herschel-wedge use. The refractor must not have corrector lenses at the back. Optical elements like corrector lenses, or secondary mirrors of reflecting telescopes, could suffer from thermal build-up by concentrated solar energy and could be permanently damaged.
Tuning the brightness:
Because the Herschel-wedge produces polarised light, you can use a normal polarising filter at the eyepiece, or camera-adapter. By turning the polarising filter the image brightness can be varied to the user's liking.
This additional Polarising filter is not included. We recommend the BRESSER 1.25'' polarising filter, no: 4946464.
- For refractor telescopes up to 150mm aperture
- Connection to telescope: 1.25''
- Connection to eyepiece: 1.25''
- 90° housing like star-diagonal
- Especially high-quality optical surfaces for very good contrast
- Fully closed housing with integrated heat trap
- No stray light escaping - therefore it is very safe
- The needed ND3.0 filter is fix installed
- Herschel-wedge for 1.25'' focuser
- Integrated ND3.0 filter
- Transport case
- Instruction manual
|FIELD OF APPLICATION|
|Field of application||Solar observation|
|GENERAL TECHNICAL DATA|
|Eyepiece Barrel Diameter||31.7 mm|
|Extended warranty||5 years|
|DIMENSIONS & WEIGHTS|
|Total length||9 cm|
|Total width||4 cm|
|Total height||10 cm|
Delivery Weight Package