Pegasus Astro Pocket Powerbox Advance Power Supply GEN2
Pocket Powerbox Advance (PPBADV) is a welcome addition to our Powerbox product series. Proudly stands between Pocket and Ultimate Powerbox and it has been designed to provide advanced features than Pocket Powerbox in a good price and in a more compact / quality design.
PPB ADV Gen2 is now in stock / available, allowing up to 4 USB devices to be plugged. (2 x USB2 and 2 x USB3 Ports)
- 4 x 12V DC Power outlets for your equipment (A single channel to switch all four outputs ON/OFF via software)
- 12 Amps of total distributed current
- Adjustable Output (3, 5, 8, 9, 12Volt) / 3Amps (Can be switched ON/OFF) Power your DSLR / Mirrorless camera
- Embedded Powered USB3 Hub 2 x USB3 Ports & 2 x USB3 Ports Available (USB3 ports are backwards compatible with USB2 devices)
- 1 x Power USB Port (up to 3Amps) Suitable for Raspberry PI 3/4 power
- Port (RJ12) for external accessories (E.g External Focus Controller)
- 2 Channels PWM Dew Heaters RCA Outputs (Tune levels via software)
- Humidity and Temperature Sensor (included)
- Auto Tune Dew Heater Channels
- Reverse Polarity Protection
- USB / PC Controlled or Standalone Operation out of the box
- Lightweight and extremely compact aluminium enclosure
4 x 12V DC Power outlets for your equipment
A powerful mosfet transistor provides electric juice to your precious equipment. It supply of electricity 4 outputs. Can switch on/off all 12V outputs (not individually).
This single channel can provide up to 10Amps of current to all ports. Current is shared among the 4 x 12V ports
Adjustable Regulated Output
An adjustable output is suitable to provide power to your DSLR / Mirrorless camera / or your RPI3/4. You can tune the voltage to different levels (3,5,8,9,12 Volts). Please note that we provide a wide range of battery couplers for Canon, Nikon, Sony, FUJI Cameras
Built in Voltmeter
A precise voltmeter measures and displays in real time your input voltage. If the input is more than 14.5V, the power is instantly cut off to protect your equipment.
More than 12A of total electric current
Controller has been designed to support up to 12 Amps of total electric current. Please note that a usual backyard astrophotographic setup requires 5-7 Amps
Pocket Powerbox Advance can work out of the box as a standalone device. Just plug the cables and you are ready to go. So, If you dont like to connect a PC every time, you dont have to. Simple as that!
Two channel duty cycle PWM outputs
Two Pulse width modulation (PWM) outlets are capable to provide power to your thirsty Dew Heaters. No more moisture fuzzing your equipment and destroying your clear nights. These outlets can be remote controlled from your laptop using the supplied software.
Auto Adjustment of PWM (Dew Outputs)
Controller can auto adjust the heater power levels by consulting the environmental sensor Dew Point reading. Just click Auto and leave to Pocket Powerbox to decide if it is time to turn on and precise tune the level of your dew heaters.
Embedded USB3 Hub 2 x USB3 & 2 x USB2 Ports
A powered USB3 Hub at the back of the device provides 2 x USB3 SuperSpeed Ports and 2 x USB2 High Speed Ports.
Hub supports Hi-Speed (HS), Full Speed (FS) and Low Speed (LS). The new SuperSpeed hubs operate in parallel with the USB 2.0 controller, so 5 Gbps SuperSpeed data transfers are not affected by slower USB 2.0 traffic.
* Older product revision (Gen1) had only 3 out of 4 USB Ports that were compatible to USB2 devices. For detailed information please check the product manual.
USB High Power Outputs
USB Port 1 (the USB2 white coloured lower port) provides 5.2V/3Amps. You can connect any device that requires 5V. E.g a Raspberry PI 3/4 or Intel Compute Stick M3/M5 can receive power from this specific port
Expansion Port (EXT)
EXT (expansion) port is available for device expansion. This RJ12 socket allows the connectivity of current and future Pegasus Astro products. Plugged devices can be controlled from Pocket Powerbox Advance standalone software or dedicated ASCOM driver.
Compact Aluminium Enclosure
A high quality robust, blue anodised aluminium enclosure houses the electronics of the Pocket Powerbox Advance. Size is 100mm x 71mm x 24mm. Weights 250 grams.
ASCOM 6 Fully supported
Pocket Powerbox Advance fully supports ASCOM6. In combination with our main program which acts as a server you can use our latest ASCOM 6.5 supplied drivers to:
- Report environmental settings to supported software (e.g Sequence Generator Pro / MaximDL ) (ASCOM ObservingConditions)
- Switch ON / OFF 12V outputs, Adjustable Output, Tune Dew Heaters. (ASCOM Switches)
INDI Fully supported
Pocket powerbox fully supports INDI, Bundle it with Stellarmate or any other device that can use INDILib.
Led Indications for power failure status
Led can blink in patterns to warn you regarding important power issues (e.g over or under voltage). Moreover light can be turned off using the software. Our led is very dim but in case you dont like it on you can switch it off via the software.
Power Cables are included in the package
Four power cable of DC 2.1mm to 2.1mm male (1m) are included in the package.
External Environmental Sensor
External temperature & relative humidity sensor is included in the package. Know exactly the environment conditions of your location. Temperature, humidity and dew point measurements are displayed in the software.
Connect the device to your laptop/PC and control Pocket Powerbox from the supplied software or ASCOM drivers
Reverse Polarity Protection
Device has been design with a reverse voltage polarity protection. It will definitely save your night if you accidentally connect the main power supply in reverse polarity!
A hardware watchdog resets the device if for any reason there is no response from the controller for two seconds. A neat feature in the unlikely event of a controller freeze when you have a remote observatory and you need to be certain that everything works as expected.
Device is firmware upgradable to support future features and bug fixes.
In the box
- Pocket Powerbox Advance Controller
- External Temperature / Humidity Sensor
- 4 x Power DC 2.1 to 2.1 male cable (1m)
- USB3 Cable Type B (1.8m)
- Size (Width , Depth, Height) 100mm x 73mm x 25mm
- Weight 300g
Delivery Weight Package