Pegasus Pocket Powerbox MICRO 2021 version
NEW Pocket Powerbox MICRO
- Same features as PEG-PPB previous version
- Smaller Size
- Aluminium CNC machined enclosure
- Extra features: Variable / Adjustable Output to allow Raspberry PI / DSLR or other accessories
- Expansion port (EXT) to accept modules such as the "eXternal Motor Controller"
Pocket Powerbox (in short PPB) is suitable for the grab and go Astrophotographer who does not want too much automation. Device can provide 10Amps of power, a sufficient number of 12V Outputs, Two Dew Heater Channels, A DSLR power output and an environmental sensor to monitor humidity and temperature.
The Pocket Powerbox provides:
- 4 x 12V DC Power outlets for your equipment (ON/OFF via software)
- 10 Amps of total power
- DSLR 8V Output (Can be switched ON/OFF)
- 2 Channels PWM Dew Heaters RCA Outputs (Tune levels via software)
- Humidity and Temperature Sensor (included)
- Auto Tune Dew Heaters
- Reverse Polarity Protection
- USB / PC Controlled or Standalone Operation out of the box
- Lightweight and extremely compact enclosure
4 x 12V DC Power outlets for your equipment
A powerful mosfet transistor provides electric juice to your precious equipment. It supply of electricity 4 outputs. Can switch on/off for all ports.
Built in Voltmeter
A precise voltmeter measures and displays in real time your input voltage. If the input is more than 14V, the power is instantly cut off to protect your equipment.
Camera / DSLR Output
A 8Volt Output is suitable to provide power to your DSLR or Mirrorless camera. We provide different battery couplers for Canon, Nikon, Sony, FUJI Cameras
More than 10A of total power
Controller has been designed to support up to 10 Amps of total current.
Pocket Powerbox can work out of the box as a standalone device. Just plug the cables, setup the autodew functionality and every time you boot the device, it will retrieve your settings. So, If you dont like to connect a PC every time, you dont have to. Simple as that!
Two channel duty cycle PWM outputs
Two Pulse width modulation (PWM) outlets are capable to provide power to your thirsty Dew Heaters. No more moisture fuzzing your equipment and destroying your clear nights. These outlets can be remote controlled from your laptop using the supplied software.
Auto Adjustment of PWM (Dew Outputs)
Controller can auto adjust the heater power levels by consulting the environmental sensor Dew Point reading. Just click Auto and leave to Pocket Powerbox to decide if it is time to turn on and precise tune the level of your dew heaters.
ASCOM 6 Fully supported
Pocket powerbox fully supports ASCOM6. In combination with our main program which acts as a server you can use our latest ASCOM 6.3 supplied drivers to:
- Pass environmental settings to supported software (e.g Sequence Generator Pro / MaximDL ) (ASCOM ObservingConditions)
- Switch ON or OFF all 12V outputs. (ASCOM Switches)
INDI Fully supported
Pocket powerbox fully supports INDI, Bundle it with Stellarmate or any other device that can use INDILib.
Led Indications for power and failure states
Led can blink in patterns to warn you regarding important power issues (e.g over or under voltage). Moreover light can be turned off using the software. Our led is very dim but in case you dont like it on you can switch it off via the software.
Power Cables are included in the package
Four power cable of DC 2.1mm to 2.1mm male (1m) are included in the package.
External Environmental Sensor
External one (1) meter temperature & relative humidity sensor is included in the package. Know exactly the environment conditions of your location. Temperature, humidity and dew point measurements are displayed in the software.
Connect the device to your laptop/PC and control Pocket Powerbox from the supplied software or ASCOM drivers
Reverse Polarity Protection
Pocket Powerbox has been design with a reverse voltage polarity protection. It will definitely save your night if you accidentally connect the main power supply in reverse polarity!
A hardware watchdog resets the device if for any reason there is no response from the controller for two seconds. A neat feature in the unlikely event of a controller freeze when you have a remote observatory and you need to be certain that everything works as expected.
Device is firmware upgradable to support future features and bug fixes.
Compact Size and Lightweight
A new CNC machined aluminium anodised casing - size TBC
In the box
- Pocket Powerbox Controller
- External Temperature / Humidity Sensor
- 4 x Power DC 2.1 to 2.1 male cable (1m)
- DC Cable to Cigarette Lighter Adapter (8A fused)
- USB Cable Type B (3m)
- Velcro Strip
- Supply Voltage: 12V 13.8V DC (Reverse Polarity Protected)
- Power Input Connector: DC 2.1mm
- Connectivity: USB2 Type B USB Connector
- 4 x 12 Outputs:
- Maximum Current 8 Amps in total. 2.1mm Center Positive
- Software: ON/OFF all ports
- 2 Channel x 12 PWM Outputs:
- Maximum Current 5A Each, Black Colored RCA Connector, Pulse Width Modulated (Suitable for Dew Heaters or Flatbox)
- Software: Duty Cycle % / OFF
- Sensor Input:
- Mini Stereo Socket, Connectivity with Environmental Sensor
- 0-100% humidity readings with 2-5% accuracy
- -40 to 80°C temperature readings ±0.5°C accuracy
- Camera / DSLR Output: Max 1.5 Amps, 8Volt. 2.1mm Center Positive
- Voltmeter Measures: 5 15V
- Dimensions: TBC
NOTE: Pegasus Astro and Altair Astro reserve the right to change product specification and price without notice.
Delivery Weight Package