Paramount MX Pier Adapter CNC
- The pier adapter is flat, smooth with clear anodised finish.
- 4x threaded M8 holes at the corners match the Paramount MX base.
- 6x Stainless steel M8 low cap-head hex-screws are included.
- The pier adapter has 6x evenly spaced M8 holes with 130mm PCD to fit Starbase or Altair Astro SkyShed Piers.
- The M8 holes are specially counterbored so the included 6x stainless steel low cap-head M8 hex-screws do not protrude above the surface of the plate.
- 6x cap-head stainless steel low cap head hex-screws are included to fit the threaded holes in your Starbase field tripod.
- You can order 6x additional Stainless Steel M8 nuts in the dropdown menu to attach this adapter to an existing pier which doesn't have M8 threaded holes already (see notes below).
- Note: The Paramount MX comes with imperial threaded thumbscrews. These will not fit our pier adapter, because it's threaded for M8. Our machining systems are metric format and it is cheaper for us to manufacture using metric threads. Therefore, 4x Stainless M8 cap-head hex-screws are included to attach your Paramount MX mount to the plate. You can use the existing washers which came with your mount with these screws.
Please note, early pre 2014 Altair Astro SkyShed Piers do not have the Paramount MX hole pattern as standard, therefore this plate is a quick easy way to attach the MX to these piers if you don't feel like disassembling or modifying your pier top. Simply order the optional 6x stainless steel nuts to attach the adapter to a pier-top. If your pier-top is unthreaded, this is a cheaper and safer way to attach the adapter because we do not recommend threading a 6mm steel plate.
- Harrison Telescopes
- Telescope House
- Tring Astronomy Centre
- Rother Valley Optics
- F1 Telescopes
- Io Astronomy Please note: IO Astronomy voluntarily ceased trading with large unpaid debts affecting the entire UK astronomy industry. You may contact us for problems / issues with Altair or iOptron products ONLY - or try Darkframe Optics / Dave Woods. Unfortunately, we will not be able to support undeclared products bought from the ex-directors after the company ceased trading.
- Astro AS Denmark, Europe
- Robtics Netherlands
- Pierro Astro France
- SkyVision France
- Teleskop Service Ransburg Germany
North America & Canada orders:
- Land Sea & Sky (Takahashi America) USA
- Cloudbreak Optics USA
- Ontario Telescopes Canada/North America
Products can be ordered online from Altair with tracked insured shipping to anywhere in the world. For large items shipping price may need to be re-quoted.
Russia orders: Please contact.