PlanoStar 0.8x Reducer for Altair 150EDF Doublet Refractor with M63 2.5" Focuser
This reducer / field flattener is designed to work with the Altair 150ED Triplet Wave Series Refractor with M63 2.5" CNC Focuser option.
The reducer converts your 150mm EDF into a high resolution F6.4 Astrograph with focal length of 960mm.
Altair PlanoStar Reducer features and instructions:
- To use with Altair Hypercam Cameras, please click here for camera and reducer spacing instructions. (opens new window). To connect a Canon DSLR you need a Canon/Nikon M48 DSLR Adaptor (available separately).
- The ideal distance to CCD sensor from the rear of the rear shoulder is 55mm (excluding the protruding M48 rear thread). Tests indicate that the flattener is tolerant about 1.0mm either side of this distance. The smaller your CCD chip, the less critical spacing becomes.
- The flattener is threaded directly to the rear of the focuser. Simply remove the 2" push-fit adaptor from your focuser and screw the flattener into the rear of the 2.5" focuser by means of the M63 rear thread.
- Corrects for field curvature and improves images taken with cameras up to APS size, allowing more of the photographic field to be utilised. It will also work with a full frame sensor, however you may need to crop the outer edges slightly, which in deep-sky imaging is frequently done anyway, due to minor alignment issues between frames.
- High quality multi-coatings on all surfaces ensure maximum transmission and almost zero reflections, however it is good practise to place any filters as far from the rear lens of the flattener as possible and as close to the camera sensor as possible. We recommend the Altair Magnetic filter holder (search code "MAGF") for this purpose.
Delivery Weight Package