PlanoStar 0.8x Reducer for Altair 150EDF with M92 3.7" Focuser
This field flattener is designed to work with the Altair Astro 150EDF Doublet refractor with 3.7" focuser option. It has an M48 rear thread adaptor for connecting your DSLR or CCD camera.
It converts your 150mm EDF Refractor into a high resolution astrograph with fast focal ratio of F6.4 and 960mm focal length.
Altair PlanoStar Reducer features and instructions:
- To use with Altair Hypercam Cameras, please click here for camera and reducer spacing instructions. (opens new window). To connect a Canon DSLR you need a Canon/Nikon M48 DSLR Adaptor (available separately).
- Rear male M48 adaptor is included. The ideal distance to CCD sensor from the rear of the rear shoulder is 55mm (excluding the protruding M48 rear thread). Tests indicate that the flattener is tolerant about 1.0mm either side of this distance. The smaller your CCD chip, the less critical spacing becomes.
- (If you need more space, for example an OAG or field rotator, the M48 adaptor mentioned above can be removed, revealing a female M54x0.75mm thread. You will then have a luxurious 70mm to sensor).
- The flattener is threaded directly to the rear of the focuser. Simply remove the 2" push-fit adaptor from your focuser and screw the flattener into the rear of the 3.7" focuser by means of the M92 rear thread.
- Corrects for field curvature and improves images taken with cameras up to APS size, allowing more of the photographic field to be utilised. It will also work with a full frame sensor, however you may need to crop the outer edges slightly, which in deep-sky imaging is frequently done anyway, due to minor alignment issues between frames.
- High quality multi-coatings on all surfaces ensure maximum transmission and almost zero reflections, however it is good practise to place any filters as far from the rear lens of the flattener as possible and as close to the camera sensor as possible. We recommend the Altair Magnetic filter holder (search code "MAGF") for this purpose.
Delivery Weight Package