Sky-Watcher EQ8-Rh Astronomy Mount with Renishaw RA Encoder
The Sky-Watcher EQ8-Rh Pro is an exciting evolutionary progression of the popular EQ8 Pro. The EQ8-Rh Pro is an extra heavy-duty, observatory class German equatorial mount, with a payload capacity of up to 50kg. Quiet in operation, the EQ8-Rh is supplied with the Synscan Go-To handset and can automatically find and track over 42,900 celestial objects from its extensive computer database.
Can be used with the optional 20293 pier tripod or be installed onto a static pier. Two 10kg counterweights and the Synscan computerised handset are supplied. The mount is also compatible with the optional Synscan Wi-Fi adaptor and Synscan Pro Apps which can control the mount wirelessly.
The EQ8-Rh is identical to the EQ8-R model except the EQ8-Rh features a high-end Renishaw encoder on the R.A. axis which allows astro-photography without an autoguider.
Improvements over the previous EQ8 model include:
Cable management system for reduced tangling.
Improved installation position of motors for improved balance.
Improved clutch mechanism provides more holding strength.
Improved dovetail groove knob for added comfort and increased locking power.
Belt drive on the DEC axes for quiet slewing (now belt driven on BOTH axes)
High Resolution Renishaw Encoder on R.A. Axis allows Unguided Astro-Photography
**Please note Freedom-Find encoders are not present on the EQ8-Rh**
- Payload Capacity (excl. counterweights): 50kg
- Latitude Adjustment Range: 10° to 65°
- Azimuth Adjustment Range: +/- 10°
- Mount Head Weight (excl. tripod): 25.8kg
- Pier Tripod (optional): 29.4kg
- Counterweights: 2 x 10kg
- Counterweight Rod: 2.6kg
- Power Requirement: 11 to 16 Volts DC (Higher voltage preferred), 55W
- Motors: 0.9° Hybrid Stepper Motor (Both axes belt driven)
- Transmission: 435:1 Worm Drive + 256 Micro-Step/0.9° Stepper Motor
- Resolution: 44,544,000 Counts/Rev, approx 0.03 Arc-Second
- Resolution of R.A. High Resolution Renishaw Encoder: 11,840,000 Counts/Rev., approx. 0.11 arc-second
- Maximum Slewing Speed: 3.7° per Second
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar Rates
- Auto-Guiding Speeds: 0.125x, 0.25x, 0.5x, 0.75x & 1x
- PPEC: 200 Segments Permanent PEC
- Polar Alignment: By software control or optional Polarscope
- Hand Controller: Synscan with 42,900+ Object Database
- Control also possible with Synscan Pro Application for Windows via USB, Synscan Pro App for iOS and Android with optional Wi-Fi Dongle
- 4 x USB Ports and 3 x Power Outlets for Peripheral Devices
- Paired RJ10, RJ12 and RJ45 modular jacks
- DSLR Snap Port / Batch Exposures Function
- Auto Home Function
- Synscan Celestial Object Catalogue: Messier, NGC, IC, SAO, Caldwell, Double-Star, Variable Star, Named Star, Planets
- Pointing Accuracy: Up to 5 arc-minutes (RMS)
Delivery Weight Package