A compact but powerful, high-contrast, high-resolution Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope. High-transmission multi-coatings are employed on all optical surfaces for optimum performance.
Review of Skymax-127 OTA:
“…Optically, all the lenses are multicoated and the internal baffles had no shiny surfaces that could cause reflections of bright objects…The Focuser was quite smooth with very little image shift…The field was sharp across 80 percent of the view…We were pleased with the quality of the view even when pushing the telescope to higher magnifications…Mars and Saturn bore high magnifications well…The rings of Saturn appeared sharply defined…Turning to the Moon, it was a revelation through the Skymax…This telescope certainly does a good job on the more detailed Solar System objects…In the deep sky, the Skymax performed well on everything to galaxies to nebulae” Sky At Night Magazine
- Magnifications (with eyepieces supplied): x60 & x150
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x254
- Diameter of Primary Mirror: 127mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 1500mm (f/11.81)
- Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): 10mm & 25mm
- Red Dot Finder
- 90º Diagonal
- 55% more Light gathering than 102mm
- Fitted Vixen-type dovetail
Supplied with soft carry-case.