A larger version of the Skymax-102 providing a massive 55% more light-gathering power, and packing an even more powerful punch than its smaller cousin for medium-to-high-power work.
Features a compact but powerful, high-contrast, high-resolution Maksutov-Cassegrain optical system. High-transmission multi-coatings are employed on all optical surfaces for optimum performance.
The Sky-Watcher SynScan Alt-Azimuth GoTo Mount allows you to easily find and observe planets, nebulae, star clusters, galaxies and more. With the easy to use SynScan hand control you can point your telescope at a specific object, or tour the night sky at the touch of a button!
"This is one of the jewels in the Sky-Watchers crown. Its large enough to produce richly detailed, high-contrast Lunar and Planetary imagesThe Skymax-127 packs a performance punch with a relatively short cool-down time.For daytime terrestrial use, the instrument is quite capable of focusing down to 8 metres"
Ade Ashford www.scopetest.com
- Magnifications (with eyepieces supplied): x60 & x150
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x254
- Diameter of Primary Mirror: 127mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 1500mm (f/11.8)
- Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): 10mm & 25mm
- x2 Deluxe Barlow Lens (1.25") with camera adaptor
- 6x30 Finderscope
- 90° Star Diagonal (1.25)
- SynScan AZ GoTo Computerised Alt-Azimuth HD Go-To Mount
- Stainless Steel Tripod with Accessory Tray
- 55% more Light gathering than 102mm
AZ GOTO Features
- SynScan Database: Total 42,900+ Objects, including Complete M, NGC, IC & SAO Catalogues
- Alignment Method: Two-star or Brightest star alignment
- Pointing Accuracy Enhancement (PAE) feature
- Unknown Object Indentification feature
- Pointing Accuracy up to 10 arc min
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar
- Slewing Speeds: 1.0x, 2.0x, 16x, 32x, 64x, 128x, 400x, 500x, 600x, 800x
- Tracking Mode: Dual Axis Tracking
- Quiet Operation
- Motor Type & Resolution: DC Servo Motors. Resolution 0.8923 arc sec or 1,452,425 steps/rev
- PC Compatible: can be used with popular Planetarium Software.
- SynScan Handset Firmware upgradeable via the Internet
- Power Requirement: 12v DC Power Supply (Tip Positive) or AA Batteries (not supplied)