Large aperture Maksutov Cassegrains are renowned for their high contrast optics and ability to resolve fine Planetary detail as well as split double stars right down to the theoretical limit of the aperture. The SkyWatcher PRO versions are no exception and boast features you would usually only see on exotic hand made instruments costing several times that of this fine range. The optics are all fully multi coated and the glass is sourced from the world leader in precision optical glass. The focusers are precision engineered and super smooth and the tubes themselves are all aluminium.
PRO-SERIES is the name for the new generation of professional quality telescopes and mounts of the Sky-Watcher range, targeted at the most discerning and critical observers.
PRO-SERIES products are manufactured to extremely high levels of optical and mechanical precision, undergoing very strict quality control procedures and testing by specially assigned technicians, to ensure the highest standards of quality and performance are consistently maintained.
For amateur astronomers seeking superior equatorial control and the ease of a precision computerized GOTO system, the EQ6 PRO SynScanTM is your answer. The Sky-Watcher EQ6 PRO SynScanTM is designed with the novice user in mind. With the user-friendly pushbutton hand control, locating and viewing the treasures of the night sky becomes as easy as a walk in the park. The hand control allows you to point the telescope at a specific object or even tour the skies at the touch of a button. The user-friendly menu system allows automatic slewing to over 13,400 objects.
"Best for heavy scopes".... "We practically had to thump it to induce any vibrations"
BBC Sky At Night Magazine
"I like these mounts, they are solid, well thought out and work quietly and effectively"
Astronomy Now Magazine
- Magnifications with eyepieces supplied: x96
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x540
- Diameter of Primary Mirror: 180mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 2700mm (f/15)
- Eyepieces Supplied (2): 28mm
- 9x50 Finderscope & Bracket
- 2/50.8mm Star Diagonal
- Dovetail Mounting Bar
- Focusing by Moving Primary Mirror
- EQ6 PRO SynScanTM Deluxe Super Heavy-Duty Computerised GOTO Equatorial Mount (Requires 12 volt DC Power Supply)
- Built-in Dual-Axis Stepper Motors
- Built-in Polar Alignment Scope Holder
- 2" Stainless Steel Pipe Tripod with Accessory Tray