SkyWatcher AZ-EQ6GT PRO GOTO Mount
STOCK UPDATE: STOCK NOW AVAILABLE FOR A LIMITED TIME
Reasons to buy the Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ6GT:
- More robust easier Altitude adjustment than the EQ6-R mounts when laden
- Ability to mount two scopes simultaneously in AZ mode
- Lighter than the EQ6-R
- Freedom Find (dual-encoder) technology
Tip: Control your Skywatcher mount remotely via EQMOD using the Pegasus EQDIR adaptor.
The AZ-EQ6GT is a dual purpose, fully functional computerised heavy-duty Go-To/Tracking astronomical mount in both Alt-Azimuth (AZ) and Equatorial (EQ) modes.
Supplied with a Synscan handset with dual AZ/EQ firmware, it can automatically find and track over 42,900 celestial objects from its database.
In EQ mode, the AZ-EQ6GT is designed for either visual use or precise astro-imaging. In AZ mode, it is primarily intended for visual use, and in this mode, two telescopes can be mounted simultaneously in parallel.
A great feature of the AZ-EQ6GT is the patented dual-encoder technology. This allows the telescope to be moved manually in either axis without the mount losing its positional information. This gives the user enormous freedom, convenience and flexibility during observational sessions.
Sky-Watcher AZ EQ6-GT Instruction Manual pdf
Sky-Watcher AZ EQ6-GT Hand Controller Instruction Manual V3.32 pdf
The Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ6 SynScan mount gives optimal stability and pointing accuracy for a wide variety of heavy professional photo and video equipment. It is a hybrid mount with alt-azimuth capability for general use and equatorial capability for astrophotography use. Supplied with a SynScan handset with dual AZ/EQ firmware, it can automatically find and track 42,900+ celestial objects with its database.
AZ-EQ6 SynScan is capable of carrying heavy-duty photographic equipment for professional shooting and video recording. It is a very efficient transportable mount weighing only 15 kg, for a load capacity of 20 kg (counterweight excluded).
Freedom Find - tracking made easy!
With the patented Freedom Find (dual-encoder) technology which allows the telescope to be moved manually or electronically in either axis without losing its alignment or positional information. After moving to a new object the telescope will automatically begin to track the new object accurately. No re-setup is required in one observing session.
- German Equatorial / Alt-Az dual mode
- Permanent periodic error correction(PPEC). PPEC can be trained with Autoguider or PC.
- Belt drive - Super smooth PE curve. Low backlash, silent slewing.
- DSLR Electronic Shutter Release Port for batch exposures of astrophotography.
- Include two dual-fit (45mm/75mm) saddle for mounting two telescopes.
- New motor controller with higher torque and accuracy.
- Driving Resolution: Approximately 0.14 arc seconds
- Autoguider Port
- PEC control in EQ mode
- Alignment methods: 1, 2, or 3-star alignment (EQ) / brightest star or 2-star alignment (AZ)
- Telescope Connection: 2 x dual-fit saddle plates supplied accepting 45mm & 75mm dovetail bars
- RA/DEC Worm Gears: D=92.5mm, 180 teeth, brass
- RA/DEC Axes: D=40mm, steel
- Latitude Adjustment Range: 10° to 70° (EQ), 90° (AZ)
- Azimuth Adjustment Range: About ± 9°
- Tripod Height 127 cm ( 50")
- Tracking Rates Sidereal / Solar / Lunar rate
- Guiding Speed from 0.125x, 0.25x, 0.5x, 0.75x, 1x
- Mount Type EQ/Alt-AZ Dual Mode
- Counter Weight 2x 5 kg
- Accessory Tray Large wall to wall
- Motor Drive 1.8° Hybrid Stepper Motor
- GOTO System SynScan Hand Control
- Tripod Weight 7.5 kg, 2" steel tripod
- Shipping Weight 21kg + 20 kg
- Shipping Dimensions 118x28x29cm3; 53x52x32 cm3
- Power Supply DC11~16V 4A
- Payload Capacity 20 kg (counterweight excluded)
- Tracking Modes Alt-azimuth / Equatorial mode
- Slewing Speed up to 4.2°/sec (800x)
Delivery Weight Package