The HEQ5 PRO SynScan is a cost-effective way to get you into astronomy and astro imaging.
Suggested for medium size telescopes, such as the Altair 102mm refractors or smaller.
It features an autoguider port, and is widely supported mount in terms of accessories and modifications to improve performance.
- To mount the HEQ-5 on a pier, get the Altair Multi-Mount Pier Adapter (Product code: PAD-MULTI )
- For remote control with EQMOD PC software, you need the Pegasus EQ-DIR Cable (Product code: PEG-EQDIR-STICK )
- For autoguiding with ASCOM and PHD2 use the Altair GPCAM 130M Mono camera which comes with ST4 guide cable (Product code: Product code: ALTAIRGP130M )
The Synscan GOTO system is operated with a pushbutton hand control. The hand controller menu system points the mount automatically at over 13,400 objects. Even an inexperienced astronomer can master its variety of features in a few observing sessions.
You can locate and view thousands of night sky objects including stars, nebulae, planets, globular clusters and galaxies with ease. In Sky Tour mode you can even hop between the showpiece objects visible at your time and location, which is a great feature if you're showing your scope off to friends and family.
The HEQ5 PRO SynScantm also comes with features that advanced astronomers can appreciate:
- Positioning Accuracy up to 1 arc minute.
- Accuracy enhanced by software collimation error (mount mechanical error) compensation.
- Stepper motors with 1.8° step angle and 64 micro steps driven. Slewing speed up to 3.4°/sec (800X).
- Auto Guider Interface for astro-photography.
- Guiding speed selectable from 0.25X, 0.50X, 0.75X, or 1X.
- Object database containing complete M, NGC, and IC catalogues.
- Minimal vibration for steady long-exposure photography.
- Tracking is also very satisfactory.
Please note a 12v Power Supply is required - available separately